Steven's Moto....sit And Wait And Get Poor

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by gtatruckin, Aug 29, 2007.

1. gtatruckin

gtatruckin Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2007
    columbus, ohio
    Well... im sure i could sit and ##### forever about steven but ill try not to.. i only worked there 5 months but it was a nightmare the enitre time i worked for these ######. Starting off..... i was ########### about the money i was going to get paid when they said i was gonna make the samething i did at the last company i was with and thats why i went to work for stevens, i ended up making 6 cents less permile than what i did at the previous job. when i got to my orientation in dallas tx. i had found out that not only did they ######## me about what i was going to make but they told me that the oreintaition was paid and it was not. after that i was on my last day of orentaion and was shipped home because some ######## in the recruting department lost my paper work and i had to take a bus all the was back to ohio to get a police report because they wouldn't fax or email it since i had to be there in person to sign for it. after i got back home i had learned that they had found it after i had gotten on the bus back to my home andit was to late. after that they called my home and apolligized for all the mess up's and asked me to come back, i got back to their yard a week later and thought i was going to pick up where i left off and get my truck and be on my way WRONG!!!!!!. I had to go threw orentiaion all over agian for 5 day with no pay i might add. 9 days later after sittin on my ### broke finalily was issused a truck. i went to the yard from the #### hotle they stuck us all in and learned that my truck wouldn't be done getting fixed for a few days. i sat waiting another 5 days getting my truck and finaily got to get a load straight back to my house. the next 4 months were filled with nothing but ignorant people that couldnt answers phone, constant sitting waiting on loads, not getting money back for things i had to pay for out of pocket for steven's, truck was dog slow for being a kenworth with a 425 cat, wouldn't pull the any kind of hill in 9th 0r 10th gear. there dipatchers dont know there ### from a hole in the wall, it was always so dificult just to get a load, my average time between loads was 1-4 days, i could not tell you how many time i reset my 70 in a week just from sitting. my average paycheck would be between 400-600 a week 7000 miles a month.this had continued untill the lastime i was in the yard and had went to the driver counsler and told them if i didnt start getting miles and the money i needed to pay my bills i would be quitting. 3 more week went by with the same story at which point i put in my 2 week notice. i had asked for a load back to my home so could take all my dog and all my stuff home and return styevens truck from that point. after i had gotten home and dropped all my stuff off i was to head to new jersey to drop a load the head back to dallas....the night i left home i had gotten 30 miles from my house and had to get fuel, fuel card wasnt working and 3 hours went by wile my truck was sitting in the fuel line out of fuel. after i had finaily gotten fuel i was leaving and truckstop and had gotten about 1/2 mile down the road and truck had lost all power. i gotten to the next exit and the motor locked up in the truck. it had pleanty of oil/oil pressure and everything else.....the end result was truck got towed back to columbus and i went back home for the night. i was told the truck was going to have to have to whole top end of the motor reworked and it wasnt going to be ready to drive for sometime and i had another job to start in less that 4 days. i told steven's about this and they knew i had put in my notice and was leaving... few days later they called my house threating me after i had quit that if i didnt return the truck to dallas they would charge me with the blown motor and ruin my dac report with abandoning equipment. at this point my dac is ###### and they took 700 dollars of my last paycheck. i have talked to a laywer and was told that they cant make me return a truck that was broke down and charge me with the damage and put that on my dac report since i was past my 2 week notice and was no longer working for them and was working for another company. i am happy to say i am now in the middle of a lawsuit against stevens transport and plan on taking them for everything i can.:biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Good Luck and keep us updated

4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    They should have never switched to those crapterpillar engines.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.