Stevens Transport - Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bb king, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Wow i was actually gona go to school to work for them but reading so many bad reviews im gona have to find another company to sponser me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    good luck finding company sponsored raining that does not have negative reviews.

Shaneoboy21 and Sneakerfix Thank this.
  4. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    I know all have negative reviews but comparing stevans among others they have really bad feedback.

5. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Prime seems to have good reviews, at least they pay better.

6. TLeaHeart

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    if you are going to choose the company to get training at, only based upon bad reviews that are many years old, good luck. this thread was started 10 years ago.

Pay is not just about the cents per mile...

and 90% of all new drivers have left the industry before 1 year is up.

7. TLeaHeart

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
  8. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
  9. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Nah bro. Save yourself the pain and do something else. OR get your CDL first and then go through them. In the end you won't owe them a peanut shell if you decide you don't like them. The training is top notch, yes. But go ahead and go out on the road in a Stevens truck if you want to. The comments are terrible. Why not try Road Master for your CDL then find somewhere to work. Beware though. No matter what company you go to, the recruiters lie. I just know the inside of this one cos I was there at one point and I can tell you that the majority of the workers DMs onto Safety are ##### idiots.

Sti400 Thanks this.
  10. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2016
    I'm a Stevens Trainer and have been with them for about 3 years. Most of what's being said is true but the context is a little off...
    The school at Dallas is a pretty good school...you learn the basics ...just enough to get your CDL, after that you go out with a trainer...and no you don't get a motel...ever while in training. Unless there is a breakdown or some other issue.... You get to sleep on the top bunk while the truck is shut down for the day, otherwise you share the trainers bunk while he/she is driving and you are on break. Nobody sleeps in the top bunk while the truck is rolling.
    There is no more trainee/ trainee teams at Stevens so that program is thankfully long gone.
    The trucks are mostly governed at 62MPH after some time you can ask to be bumped up...after a year or so.
    I run 2800 to 3200 miles a week as a solo driver and close to 4000 when I have a student.
    I am a contractor so I go home about every 90 to 120 days for a week but I do get to drive through my hometown and generally take a reset there ..load permitting about once a month....

I've there are other questions just ask.
    Bill

11. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2016
    BB King, I am also interested in the rest of your Stevens experience. Was the 3 week course any good? How were the 5 weeks with the trainer? Did you get a hotel every night or did you have to sleep in the back with the trainer? How were the 3 weeks with your newbie partner? How was life as a Stevens driver? Were the trucks really governed to 62mph? Are you still with Stevens? If not, how aggressively did they pursue the money? If you quit, did they try to make it difficult to get another job? Were you able to make decent money driving for them? How many miles per week did they provide? Any surprises with your pay? How long were you out at a time, and what kind of home time did they allow?

Your first post was excellent, but you now have me interested in the rest of the story...
    I'm a Stevens Trainer and have been with them for about 3 years. Most of what's being said is true but the context is a little off...
    The school at Dallas is a pretty good school...you learn the basics ...just enough to get your CDL, after that you go out with a trainer...and no you don't get a motel...ever while in training. Unless there is a breakdown or some other issue.... You get to sleep on the top bunk while the truck is shut down for the day, otherwise you share the trainers bunk while he/she is driving and you are on break. Nobody sleeps in the top bunk while the truck is rolling.
    There is no more trainee/ trainee teams at Stevens so that program is thankfully long gone.
    The trucks are mostly governed at 62MPH after some time you can ask to be bumped up...after a year or so.
    I run 2800 to 3200 miles a week as a solo driver and close to 4000 when I have a student.
    I am a contractor so I go home about every 90 to 120 days for a week but I do get to drive through my hometown and generally take a reset there ..load permitting about once a month....

I've there are other questions just ask.
    Bill

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.