Stevens Transport - Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bb king, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Ive had stevens drivers come up to me crying because thier not getting no miles. But maybe thier lazy or not good drivers. Maybe you get what you put into it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Could be all of the above.... There are times when you get stuck...the meat patch is a good example and produce in California is another example of when patience is a virtue. But it is also a fact that driver reputation plays a part....if yo only drive 300 miles a day..the planners are not going to trust you with loads that need to get delivered...

4. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    True thats why i do 550 to 650 a day when im loaded plus im new only have a few months out on the road but i am getting between 2500 to 3300 a week.

5. Bill Smith

Feb 6, 2016
    Did you go Alliance or Company ?

6. Sti400

Sti400 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Im not with stevens, im came with freymiller.

7. Bill Smith

Feb 6, 2016
  8. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Hi Bill. Call me Pyg. You can say that all you have posted is the truth. The school I too will say was some of the best training that there could have possibly been. I promote what I was taught and thank all of the trainers from the school to my over the road guys. I just had the complaints about my DM. He was a hermit crab because I wasn't in any hurry to join the Alliance. I even told him that I wanted a chance to get to know my truck to the best of my abilities before taking that much of a jump in the industry. All we would do the whole time I was out driving on the road was argue with each other as I don't take too kind to threats of any kind. With my irritation of this guy, plus a few mechanical mishaps, I wrecked my truck. You know I was canned afterwards, but I will defend Stevens in some cases. The miles are there should you actually want them. You're not going to get them by sitting idly by watching the world go by from a truck stop arcade. I also didn't really care for cash advances either. It was just used for lumper fees. I saved over $3000 from training and solo runs including NYC in the first week. Most of the drivers complain about the 62 mph thing. I was actullay satisfied by that. I still got my 7.0 mpg and was careful with the right foot and use of the clutch(hardly used it).It's like I said in my post almost a year ago, the biggest failure I had was letting an idiot get to me. In the end he still had his job... I lost mine. See you all in seven years... Maybe. Good luck and welcome to The Trucker's Report.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  9. Bill Smith

Feb 6, 2016
    Your right Pyg, when there is conflict between the driver and the DM it just does not work out well. You both need to be on the same sheet of music. So far I have been lucky I guess in that I haven't had any problems with the 3 DM's I have had since going solo.

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  10. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    I am no fan of Stevens, but how in God's green earth was it your dm's fault that you wrecked your truck?

Dryver, Voodoo Pyg and Razorwyr Thank this.
  11. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    If you read again, I don't blame him. I said "with irritation of this guy, plus a few mechanical mishaps". I was blaming myself for getting mad. Plus I did report the issues with the tractor but was never approved to stop to have them fixed... Not even after the fact. The tractor was fixed around me while I waited on the Dallas yard to be dismissed. Did you read the ending of what you were quoting?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.