Stevens Transport - Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bb king, Jun 10, 2005.

1. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    One bit of misinformation, yes your truck is set at 62 in grad fleet, AND for the first 2 years. After 2 years of driving, they turn your truck up to 66.

I have to agree that the fuel department over pushes the no idle, especially for those trucks without apu's. I idle when I need to, to keep warm, very easy to do, or stay cool, harder to due in a dark blue truck.

I drive 61 to 62, and get 6.8 to 7.2 mpg depending on loads and area of country I am in. I have no apu.

Stevens will put one through the mill, which I think is a good thing, helps weed out the wannabees, and those that have no idea what trucking is really about.

There are unseen benefits for working for stevens. Because of their Safe Stat score, we are pulled aside at the scales less often than other companies, for log book checks, or equipment checks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stank0

Stank0 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Fl

Truth. I've been checked only once during 9 mnths driving for Stevens. Needless to say, they didn't find anything wrong.

Speaking of idling. When I was in Roadmaster, there was a few representatives for trucking companies trying to get us to sign with them and one of my first questions was what is their idle policy.
    I don't remember which one told us that their company charges for excessive idling and other that they allow only certain percentage of idling. It was one of these: Schneider, TMC, Covenant, U.S. Express.
    I don't remeber the exact policy but I remeber being dissapointed.
    Stevens let you idle as you please. They will bitc about it but if you keep your MPG under 6 you'll be fine.
    I'm talking about company drivers of course. Alliance drivers have to pay for their fuel so nobody really cares.

4. Stank0

Stank0 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Fl
    Well nobody forces any1 not to "divorce" :) they just will need to pay the tuition themselves. I guess your financial situation wasn't so catastrophic so you could afford to pay out of your pocket. I wasn't that lucky.
    I was flat broke when I went 2 Roadmaster as most of others so I had to get a loan.
    I don't HAVE to stay with Stevens. Only to pay about $250/mnth if I divorce them. For me it's no brainer especially since I like Stevens. ;)
    I think they are gr8 company to start with and gain experience. And pay off your loan, speaking of which, 4 all the people bichting about low cpms, you need to add 2 it your tuition reimbursement which you'd need to pay by yourselves.

5. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    You mean above 6 mpg? Lol

6. Stank0

Stank0 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Fl
    Yes. That's what I meant. lol

7. thunder horse

thunder horse Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Not really complaining about the company in general and i agree you have start somewhere but the wages should be more competive than what a driver would have started out back in the 80's and stop with the car sales pitch lay it and be honest and people wouldn't have such bad feelings. like i said pay sucks but there are a lot of advantages to working with stevens

8. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    To be honest they are very competitive with like the other training companies (swift, jb hunt, etc) the ones that pay more normally don't give you miles. Trust me and talk to any swift or jb driver. They get no more than 2800 miles a week. So in the end it really is the same.

9. Bud

Bud Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Hello to all, I heard that with Stevens you have to get a Passport due to the runs in Canada, is this true? Thanks for any information. Take care

10. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    You have to have a passport to cross the border now. I'm assuming Stevens goes to Canada.

11. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..well this has been brought up b4 in other posts; it's not getting into Canada drivers complain about, it's getting out.. too much time & paperwork.. the pay u get is not worth the headaches u have to put up with getting out of there..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.