Still being turned down for mortgages, time to lawyer up?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Lennythedriver, Jan 28, 2022.

1. noworrez

noworrez Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Thus doesn't make sense. My score hangs around 819, cc utilization is less than 1% as I pay any off immediately. No debt, money in savings, and had no problem getting financed for a home. They wanted tax returns for 3 years, bank statements, both typical. Either working with wrong people or some other underlying circumstances because again, this makes no sense at all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    He's going in to offices and dying on the cpm hill, instead of doing a simple conversion, and calling it racism.

His credit score calculation doesn't make sense, either.

Deadwood Thanks this.
  4. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Lawyer up? There is no law that says they have to loan you money.

5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    This is why truck drivers often never get ahead in life because they’re just so naïve. Actually most mortgage funds come via the federal government would subject it to all kinds of federal regulations and laws surrounding fair lending and equal opportunity to such lending for all. Now I understand truck driving is not a class category, but if a lending institution is still declining lending money and you can prove it’s based on a criteria with all other factors equal, you better believe you can sue and sue for a lot of money. FYI I got my loan. But I bought some Rall land for cash and I’m building a brand new cottage on it. I’ll have it paid off in two years. Who needs a big old house with your truck driving 27 days out of the month? Lol

idriveaholden Thanks this.
  6. Rum

Rum Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2019
    The mortgage industry is heavily regulated by federal laws since the 2008 housing crisis. It's standard among all reputable banks and lenders to require a type of income to certify eligibility. It all plays into risk management, debt to income ratios and credit history. Drivers paid cpm have to be working at least 2 years to show average monthly earnings. The variance in paychecks can have extreme variances and seasonal effects. Banks aren't targeting truck drivers, it's anyone not under salary and wages. Anyone under tips, business income, CPM, and commission are required to show two years of income history before qualifying for a mortgage loan. If your a business owner, the biggest mistake you can make is writing off all your income when seeking a mortgage loan. The bank will look at your gross on taxes, but it's the net that will define your eligibility and if a driver claims less than $30k, they'll be starting the process when they want to report a realistic income. If your a military veteran, Navy Federal always acquires the lowest rates. From there the rest of the banks obtain within 10-50 basis points. Don't base your score of Credit Karma, it's wildly inaccurate but it's good for alerts. The only way to know your true credit score is for a lender to pull it and they will assess in slight variations depending on how the lender's software risk management evaluates your profile.

7. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Put 25% down, from a total price on a house, and bank will not care about that 30k "official salary" they will approve mortgage

8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @WildTiger1990
    Are you in the financial industry?

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    If the lender has never heard of being paid by the mile how did they learn you are paid by the mile ?

If that’s the reason they are rejecting you , WHY do you KEEP telling them ?

and I’ve never seen any question on a mortgage application that asked how your paycheck was calculated .
    There is a question for your job title .
    Just put “truck driver “ in the space
    . Include two years tax returns , and the last two months bank statements

and talk to Churchill Mortgage .

Churchill Mortgage | Apply for a Mortgage or Refinance Your Home Loan

and talk to a small local bank as well as the giant monster mega banks
    And a mortgage broker

something in this just doesn’t add up .

and congrats on the land purchase
    If you got a loan for raw land , getting a mortgage for a existing home shouldn’t have been any problem

loans on raw land are much harder to get since raw land has a much higher foreclosure rate than existing completed homes .

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Numb Thanks this.
  10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    What that want to see is a pattern of payments made on time .

if you don’t have any loans , you don’t have a pattern and history of on time monthly payments for them to see

gentleroger and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    A mortgage an be manually underwritten without a loan history by examining the applicants bank records, employment history, rental history and utility payment history.

Many, most, mortgage brokers can’t, won’t or don’t know how, but your home town credit union, bank, or Churchill Mortgage can.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.