Stop fleeing the scene of accidents........

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by femalecdla, Dec 15, 2020.

1. femalecdla

femalecdla Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2018
    I know this will probably be preaching at a deaf choir, but I have to put it out there.

If you hit anything and cause damage, stop fleeing the scene of the accident. Not only is it a crime that can destroy your career, or job if trucking is just another job to you. But for a good majority of us, trucking is more than a job. It’s our passion. We spend hard earned money buying equipment to build a business to do what we love. And, just because you see a tractor hooked up to a mega carrier’s trailer doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter.

I don’t own any trailers just yet, but I own my truck and run under my own authority. I pull trailers that don’t belong to me or my business. So I pay for trailer interchange insurance. So, if you hit the trailer I’m pulling, the carrier that owns the trailer will put in a claim to my insurance company for damages while under my control. Thus, it’s the same as if you hit my tractor.

I just don’t get the logic of driver’s that hit stuff and run without a care of the problem’s that follow.

Don’t be one of those driver’s who hit and run. It will eventually catch up to you.

I hope that the driver who hit my trailer tonight is reading this. You sir have cost my company lost revenue. The trailer you hit was damaged to the point the floor board can be seen from the outside. What you thought was a little scratch resulted in a lost load and lost time as now I have to find a replacement trailer. Of course none of this matters to you because you fled the scene and continued on to deliver your load perhaps on time. Well done sir. I’m sure you sleep well at night and your company must be proud of you. Even if you’re an owner operator, you must be real proud of yourself. No, really. Best of luck to you. I hope that you learn from this and strive to do better.

p608, not4hire, bzinger and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Unfortunately, it's the owner-operators who suffer the most during a parking lot mishap.

I once seen the aftermath of an O/O truck tore up by a mega carrier truck.

Poor guy saw it all and watched helplessly as the culprit just drove off.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    slow.rider, not4hire, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. femalecdla

femalecdla Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2018
    This particular truck stop here in Carlisle, PA is known efor the hit and runners place to hunt down there next target. There’s a Volvo sitting at the end of the parking lane with its front end scattered on the ground. Poor guy will return only to find his or her truck badly damaged and nothing he or she can do about it. Every time I come here it’s a truck down because of these hit and runners. If you drive the Northeast you know which truck stop I’m talking about, the Flying duck J. I call it the Flying duck J because if you remember how the duck boat went out of business, it was the carelessness of operators and its owners that resulted in numerous deaths around the US where they operated. You also have to be on constant ducking duties for flying trucks through the parking lots.

Thank G-D this driver just missed my tractor. I just purchased my truck in October of 2020. Waited 3 months for it to be built. Ordered the truck in July. Picked it up at the end of October. For a customized 2021 FreightLiner Cascadia, total cost $190,000 all in costs.

Again, not that this matter’s to anyone but me and my business. But, this is my dream. I’m building my business one truck at a time. I work hard to get what I want and this is #### sure not just another job to me. I take it seriously all the way down to my education. I spent a year in CDL school at a cost of $12,000. You read that right. 1 year/$12,000 before I obtained my CDL license.

Anyways, here are the pictures of this mess.

D2923789-8919-4525-8958-6CDD773D38C9.jpeg C17384EF-3882-450A-B92D-76420FF50877.jpeg 67A4C3C8-556D-4C5D-8FA3-BEA0D9085568.jpeg 83C5502D-BEDF-466C-A6BA-044C6CE053D9.jpeg 874E8662-022A-47EE-BCCD-56C194C6E329.jpeg

slow.rider, not4hire, bzinger and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I'm sorry all that happened to your tractor. The culprit's driving career will be short with this level of carelessness.

slow.rider, not4hire, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  6. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Your fault too for parking in those holes.

I wouldn't bring a $500 van in there much less a $190000 rig.

slow.rider and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Wow...something wrong with you...so instead of blaming the one who committed the act you blame the victim...smh

slow.rider, bzinger, not4hire and 11 others Thank this.
  8. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Sorry for your troubles. Invest in a 3 side camera system that is motion activated.

slow.rider and alds Thank this.
  9. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    You could've bought a fleet for 190k!

jon69 Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Actually..these new trucks are not as cheap as folks think they are...all
    This emissions crap put in has substantially increased the price big time

Flat Earth Trucker and mjd4277 Thank this.
  11. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    I agree, that's why I said they could've bought a fleet for 190k. I'd take 10 well maintained mechanical trucks over one new one any day.

slow.rider, 650cat425 and jon69 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.