storm debris clean up in carolinas

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by tonyyhairr, Sep 25, 2018.

1. tonyyhairr

tonyyhairr Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    have a 46 yard dump trailer im itching to make some money with, but finding a contractor to get on with is growing more difficult by the day. lots of no call backs, alot of hush hush on whos got what contract. found out whos got wilmingtons contract even though the city wasnt allowed to tell me, some simple googling fixed that problem. just definately looking for an in, if anyone would contact me about help that would be great. email is tonyyhairr@gmail.com thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Get yourself the proper solid waste permits and just advertise yourself. Google contractors in the area and fax them your advertisements. Then email them it. Then snail mail them it.

Hey look every local sub shop/pizza joint fax's their daily specials to all businesses in their local area every morning. Put yourself out there. Make yourself a known name.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Clean up in our area after the '99 tornadoes were contracted from those who had the proper permits through FEMA. You might need a Brooks and Dunn number in addition to your other information to do business with Uncle Sam. Conway Arkansas has a company that can over a period of time issue you a B&D number. Or you can pay about 900 or so to get one within a day.

5. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Brooks and Dunn? Country music artists have nothing to do with government business eligibility.

Dunn and Bradstreet issues the D-U-N-S and you can do it yourself for free. There are options that cost up to $999 but would not apply to a small O/O operation. D&B has options to get this expedited in five days for $229, otherwise it takes about a month.

Paying someone to do this is like paying others to get your operating authority, it is a waste of money and shows you don't really understand the most basic business requirements of the industry.

https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/get-a-duns-number-product.html

Opendeckin and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  6. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    You mean a D&B # Dunn and Bradstreet

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's it.

Brain Freeze for me. It happens.

8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Hard to make money with a 46 yard trailer when you get paid by volume. 59 yard would be better.
    I dont know what they are paying per yard but when Miami got hit last it was about $2 per yard pay. Judged by idiots who looked in your trailer each time to write how full you were. Not much money if you ask me when it could take more than an hour to fill a trailer.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  9. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
  10. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    If you want a contractor out of Carolina that gets a lot of FEMA contracts I can give you one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.