Straight truck owner/operator

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by ctbetts, Jun 12, 2022.

1. ctbetts

ctbetts Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Hi There,

I've been thinking about becoming a straight/expedite owner operator. I've looking around online to get some info but have found very little. I've heard a lot about loadlink to get loads, especially canada only to start but they only offer a demo that shows 1 page out of 50 pages of loads and to see the rest I need to sign up and pay and I've heard it was about $300 monthly another $200 fee for the year. Like why would I pay anything like that before I even purchase a truck?? If I want to see if I MIGHT have a chance, I want to see it in front of me before I fork out money. Does anybody on here know where I could find a bit more promising info or even if I COULD make a go at this? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bc canada local trucker

Bc canada local trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2022
    Easiest and quickest way is driver as owner operator for a broker

ctbetts Thanks this.
  4. DireWolf

DireWolf Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2022
    Can you explain more please? I'm new to this how to find brokers?

5. Abynrml2

Abynrml2 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    check on I( Indeed ) it is a hiring site , free. look for owner / op 5 ton driver jobs.
    you will get lots of companies looking for drivers and owner ops. those companies are the brokers you would lease on with and use their dispatch
    to find loads ..
    Or you could get on a load board your self and find work that way , but you will have to pay for the load board .
    pro tuckers
    find freight
    123 load board
    just google load boards
    its not easy , its not overly cheap
    and it takes a lot of questions and reading to figure it all out ..If you get on a load board there is this thing called factoring , where you get a run , you bill them and sell the bill to the factoring company for a percentage and they pay you in a couple days or sooner
    its an adventure

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.