Strange situation at a receiver the other day

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Commuter69, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    In his case probably not big deal, just time lost. I had once load of eggs. Super Mario dropped one pallet inside the trailer and was trying to put on me as damage in transit.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    After calling the broker .....

Yes that was the real problem

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Wasted my time like it was a favor.....

Rideandrepair and baha Thank this.
  5. SIMON7

SIMON7 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2019
    I had a two stop load that rocket scientists planners for Marten Trransport had loaded backwards....so when I got to the first stop they had to unload Walmart pallets then get there's off....then load walmarts back on...
    LoL.....cost Marten an extra 40.00 for GA Capstone logistics lumping and 20.00 to me for detention.
    I thought it was funny but I have a sick sadistic humor for a Christian.
    The worst unloading I ever saw was in a NC rest area....that was full...I was driving slow.....looking for a spot and rolled up behind a Marten truck and there was sherrifs and ambulance and truck doors open....
    Then this guy comes rollin up behind me flashin lights on a Ford Taurus jumps out runs up to my door and jumps up on the step grabbing at my mirrors while Im putting the window down to ask him what his problem is and before he could say something I said man get off my truck.....lol...don't ever get up on my truck....or anyone elses for that matter they might shoot you.....
    And the guy says ok but could you pull fwd I'm the medical examiner and we have a dead driver ....in that truck....
    So....I says ok....but can I have his parking spot since he don't need it anymore?.....
    Not really.....
    So.......what would you do if you drove for the same company?
    Would you just drive on out of the full rest area and not call it in to dispatch?
    I called it in said you have a deceased driver here.....
    And they started cursing me out for calling it in!!!
    Stupid jerks....don't ever work for Edwardsville KC Marten Transport they're nothing but a bunch of hostile jerks!

6. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    If I have a multi stop load and it's a live load, I tell them I am instructed to go to stop A first, then B. This means that B's stuff gets put on first, with a way for the ID10Ts at stop A know when they have gotten all their crap off.... I usually ask to put load bars/straps between the 2.

Rideandrepair and kylefitzy Thank this.
  7. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA

8. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    So even though the problem is resolved I am curious if you are compensated for your time?

9. SIMON7

SIMON7 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2019
    So....then another time for Marten they sent me in to a drop yard to pick up a loaded sealed trailer a driver going home dropped there and dispatched me to specific place to deliver...
    It was only an extremely short run .
    LoL....I never looked at the bill....It was only like I don't know...75-125 mile or something....
    So....I get to the dispatched address and take the paperwork in....
    They said ok....you got two truck in front of you....so I sit there and wait and pull up and get doors opened and docked....and start eating an early lunch....and they come out and say. This load don't go here it goes 45 miles away....to our customer....we thought you were bringing the empty containers back.....which that was what dispatch had told me I was doing.....
    So....I said well I thought I was also...
    That's what I was told.....
    So.....I sent a message on qualcomm saying what they told me and dispatch starts acting all stupid....says they will call them and see what the problem was.....
    So....I sit there and wait and after awhile the shipper comes out asking why I'm not leaving....
    So....I told them I haven't been dispatched to leave....
    Then my phone starts ringing....
    I get this big long explanation about what must have happened and that I was sent to the wrong place....
    So.....I said....uhuh yah right sure yeah no problem yep I can do it.....right.
    So.....i'ts real ez for payroll not to pay you for a dispatch you never got right?
    So.....stupid dispatcher takes off to lunch and I still don't have a dispatch to the other place and on top of that nobidy has given me back a bill if lading yet....or a new seal.
    So....I'm sitting there ....lol tying their door up refusing to move an inch right?
    So...while the dispatchers at lunch they come out twice asking if I had got my dispatch yet and I told them no still nothing.....
    So....I sit there awhile longer and they must have started calling Marten back and they come out asking again...
    And I said no ....oh wait a minute Im getting a message on the qc....and it says the same stuff explained on the phone....but there's no dispatch or address and I still don't a bill right?
    So....I answer the message and say OK situation understood again....
    So more time goes by.....still no dispatch....but another message saying I have been there a certain amount of time and need to get over to the other place .....
    So....I send message back yes understood in triplicate now.....
    So....by then the idiot must be sitting there pinging the truck watching to see when it moves or when my duty status changed....
    And he sends another message why aren't you going yet.....
    So....I send message back.....
    Says.....waiting on you...and shipper to
    STOP DETAINING ME!!!!
    So far.....YOU OWE ME 40.00 DETENTION AND 35.00....EXTRA STOP PAY!!!!!
    I'm making more $......sitting here than when the truck is moving.....
    So....15 mins. Later....Rocket scientist wakes up and sends the dispatch.
    So.....I send a message back says
    10-4 .....soon as shipper .....
    STOPS DETAINING......
    15 mins. Later....shipper brings out the bill......
    And starts apologizing....I told them no no....it aint like that....I could have come and asjed you for it.
    I just don't like that idiot dispatcher that can't dispatch.....
    So....I purposely let the arrogant jerk paint himself into a corner because it isn't my job to tell him how to do his.
    And I wanted his dereliction documented so I would collect my pay owed on his mistakes.

10. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    Nope, I get paid by the day, regardless of how far I drive. But this situation almost made me miss my reload.

Rideandrepair and Lab work Thank this.
  11. SIMON7

SIMON7 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2019
    10-4....I certainly agree with your method.....but my situation was company driver mega carrier Marten Transport....I wasn't actually at the live load....it was a sealed deal hooked out of either a Marten terminal or Walmart drop yard....to long ago to remember which.....and whoever brokered or planned my dispatch got it reversed on my dispatch....
    Logically I was dispatched to go to the nearest point to me first....but it wasn't loaded that way....and I was given specific appntmnt X ....and was where I was dispatched to B
    Marten does a lot of stuff like that.
    I get dispatched out of Golden CO. with a load of Adolphs cool aide right going to a distributor.....in phoenix AZ
    I get there....A bunch of hrs early before my appntmnt....right.
    So....Marten....has a terminal there right. And its like only 9 miles from the distributor right so I take my unit in to get the apu that quit fixed and its 110* right....and so....I get a message that says.....unhook....your early load....and hook an identical load going to same distributor.....
    I go over to the trlr.....and pull the bill out and look at it....
    And the delivery date on it is 4/four days prior.....and....they got a local day cabber that works the terminal dropped loads right.....
    So.....I send a message back says no I will keep my load appointment and you get your day cabber to deliver your late loads that been sitting in the terminal for four extra days....and you get me another otr load....dispatched because I hired as OTR.....and you tried to pull the same day cab work garbage on me in Atlanta at Coca Cola when your daycabber was going in and out of there with nothing hooked even.
    Not doing it.....either dispatch me otr or dispatch me home.....
    Not playing.....
    So....we argue about it on the phone even up to an hour almost with me telling them repeatedly.....not getting enough otr mileage.....
    So....finally they say just take the other load over there and come back to terminal and we will have an otr load.
    So....I said ok....
    So.....I go over there...and oh boy says this load is four days late.....
    I said sir that isnt my load....my load I brought down from Golden which isnt due for two more hrs....is sitting at the terminal 10 mins from here.....where they told me to drop it and hook this one......
    So.....he keeps belly aching....so I say sir that doesn't involve me you need to call your account rep.....
    And he keeps belly aching trying to get me to argue with him.....
    I just said if you don't want the load I'll take it back and tell them you don't want it......lol....
    So.....he blows up writes a bunch of lies on the bill......
    Gives back to me and says he aint taking it...
    So.....I write load refused circle his liies and write lies with arrow.....
    and take load back to terminal and turned paperwork in.
    So Marten feeds me a ration of garbage claiming customer is always right even if they are lying.....
    Says they going to mail me paperwork about it......so when I got paperwork I ripped up in pieces put a blank sheet in there that said more lies and mailed it back to them.....lol
    They're hostile idiots....try to run control games down on you and make it look like driver is at fault for their miistakes.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.