Strange situation at a receiver the other day

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Commuter69, Jan 29, 2020.

1. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I’m a company driver. You should like a problem driver that wants to make everything more difficult then it needs to be, then wonder why everything is difficult.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    I'm not much of a truckdriver, but iffin it was me I don't need a camera. Thats because I'm standing next to my open doors inside their warehouse watching them load or unload my trailer.

Maybe its because i wear steel toes, have eye protection and a hard hat, and one of those goofy colored vests if i need them. Despite how many signs there are, not one receiver has refused me entry when I told them I wanted things to be right and I am going to watch them load/unload me.

Maybe they were just afraid to tell me to go sit in my tractor, put on my wifebeater tshirt and flipflops and eat a ham sandwich while i screw with my phone.

kemosabi49 and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Isn't it what people call masochism if you like to stay in freezer 3 - 4 hours while lumpers smoke outside.
    Many shippers will not only allowed you to the dock you will not allowed remain on the property.

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I’m still trying to figure out how can someone fix “stupid” by looking at “stupid” on a tablet or smartphone.

Didn’t you get paid detention for waiting? Was the unloading and loading and unloading done within the first 2 “free” hours?

my main question is how will a camera have prevented this issue? I understand you sitting there and watching them unload but don’t all drivers hit the sack while they unload to try and catch up on some sleep?

just wondering.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. SIMON7

SIMON7 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2019
    Oh definitely that gentle rocking of the bulkhead being rammed and lift going in and out is a sure prescription for REM SLEEP ! You are just a better sleeper than me....I have never gotten 1 min. sleep....I almost fell asleep once then they rammed the bulkhead and knocked me out in the floor.

7. SIMON7

SIMON7 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2019
    Not at all ....."I should" ( whatever that means ) like a driver that doesn't appreciate idiots that pretend to be dispatchers!.....Nothing to wonder about at all when logistical morons are in charge of NOT PLANNING!!!!
    But....you keep up the good yes boss work.....and I'll keep driving away from it.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    In my time being docked shipper load and count is ALWAYS a chance to get some sleep. A bonus for 10 hours straight then bright eyed and frisky against next sunrise delivery through the night.

I have learned to like medicine loads, unloaded and reloaded within 40 minutes with cardboard bales back to Memphis asap and drop hook the next load.

9. GEPPETTO425

GEPPETTO425 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2013
  10. GEPPETTO425

GEPPETTO425 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Pls send it to me!
    Geppetto425@Gmail.com

11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    062 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.