Study- 300,000 truckers would lose their job

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Dino soar, Jul 17, 2020.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    How did they come up with the number 300, 000? That's a pretty large number. Did any of you participate in this study? They didn't have me pee, or interview me, or whatever. These studies kill me because I dont see how a sample size tells the story.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    No problem, I just get to say where the hair comes from,,oh, btw, I just ate 2 greasy burritos half an hour ago,,:bootyshake:

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Bring it on. This is the greatest news we have heard all year

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Maybe, while I don't condone such actions, don't they have bigger fish to fry, like HOS, parking, etc? Still milking the druggie thing 30 years later. Hey, news flash, all the druggies were "weeded" out years ago, just shows how out of touch, or desperate for money ( think $150 bucks times 300grand) these lawmakers are. And I thought it was over regulated in the 90's. Got to be nuts to feed into that.

Lite bug, Dino soar, alds and 2 others Thank this.
  6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Why stop with truck drivers? Make everybody take this test to get a license and also after every accident or major ticket such as texting while driving or reckless driving.

How could this not improve traffic on the roads?

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Because, truckers are the "hot button" for every lawyer in town. And stuff like driving down RR tracks, rolling a load of those poor cows( on the way to the slaughterhouse), or running over a footbridge or pushing 4 wheelers down the road, doesn't help matters. Besides, there's no money in 4 wheelers, and who will serve us pizzas or cut our grass, 2 of the many jobs that don't require drug testing,,yet. Total scam to raise money for their swanky lifestyles. Really, has drug testing really made a difference? Ask the families who that kid ran his flatbed of sticks down the mountain pass into stopped traffic. I'm sure he was clean,,don't want to hear about that,:dontknow:

8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You go to a used car dealer. You see a car that you are interested in and the window sticker says, "Price: Please see salesperson." So, you ask a salesman and the next thing you know, he is wanting you to come inside and fill out a credit app, have a doughnut and a coffee and sit while he goes to talk to the car lot manager, because "he really likes you and wants you to get the best deal!"

In actuality, he's trying to get you to pay top dollar for a car that's valued at 50% of what they are selling it to you for. But yet, he has you feeling like he's doing you a favor!

One of the biggest dangers that I see to trucking nowadays is how SUBMISSIVE and DOCILE newer drivers are. These bottom feeding ambulance chasing lawyers are not good lawyers. They are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to law. The thing is, they don't have to be good at their craft when truck drivers are beaten into submission. Easy pickings! There have been a couple threads where some driver posts about having an accident and when you ask about pictures, the driver will say, "Well, the motorist was irate and the cop told me to stay inside my cab for safety and he would take the pictures." Driver, that cop just PORKED you. Pictures would have easily proven that you were not at fault, but because you didn't get any, you now have no proof.

"But Six, what was I supposed to do...disobey the cop???"

CYA, dumascan! Homeboy hit you, get pictures. Cop tells you to stay in your cab for your safety, you tell that cop that that's his responsibility to maintain order and you commence to taking pictures. If he can't do his job, he should call for backup. Your pictures need to tell your side of the story.

Had a woman accuse me of backing up on her car in stop and go traffic. I was aimed downhill. Made absolutely sure to get pics of my truck aimed downhill. You ain't never seen a truck that was aimed downhill roll backwards by accident. Impossible. I made certain to get picture to show that I was aimed downhill.

9. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    The guy did wake up in the ambulance after accident asking the paramedics how bad was it ?!
    Dont worry , some scratches on the right leg !
    Can i see it ?!
    Unfortunately the leg in the other car !

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    They can't do that because drug testing is technically against the Constitution.

Just because the Supreme Court says it can be done does not mean that it is in accordance with the Constitution. It means that you have judges that interpreted it incorrectly or had pressure to interpret it a certain way.

If they attempted to do that to the general population they would have more lawsuits than they could count and it would definitely be shot down.

Remember drug testing was only supposed to make sure the drivers were not under the influence when they got into a truck. But you see now how since they've gotten over that legal hurdle now it has become well if you've ever done anything now you will be disqualified and you will be penalized.

Like the breakdown of any society the breakdown of laws always begin with Public Safety or something of that nature....

If you would have told the founding fathers that there's going to be one group of people, one group, and we're going to monitor them on their off-duty time to make certain they're not doing something that the government feels they should not be doing, and they're doing that in the name of Public Safety...

The founding fathers would have said positively not. That is not the society that we are creating we want government out of our business.

I'm not going to mention names or political parties because I don't want this to turn political but there are certain politicians that now are beginning to push that the Second Amendment does not mean that individually you have the right to bear arms. It means that the state itself can defend you as a militia but you yourself don't personally have the right to carry a gun or own a gun.

Over time many things change in a way that they're not supposed to.

Yet it still happens.

Brettj3876, TokyoJoe and Lite bug Thank this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What part of the Constitution? What Article and Section?

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.