CDL Study Guides

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Mizlive

Mizlive Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Dmv genie and cdl prep is where it’s at.

3. humpingvan

humpingvan Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    How about when you already have your CDL permit, endorsements etc.

I am having lots of questions about the pre-trip and basically the questions aren't getting answered. Is there a opportunity to open up a new thread on the subject and not get trolled down into oblivion?

Does someone have the inclination just to private message me?

4. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    There are loads of videos on YouTube. You can email me for my pretrip sheet I used for my test .
    bigleftyinaz@yahoo,com

5. humpingvan

humpingvan Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    I found quite a few on youtube. CDL college and smart drive test (which gives out a checklist for the air brake test).

Right now I am sitting here and transcribing the air brake portion of cdl college pre-trip inspection. Yup I am typing up the words from a video.

Still I cannot just regirtate the words I am supposed to say for the pre-trip inspection. I have to understand whats going on with the tractor trailer.

I confused the terms shank with king pin and lock pin with locking jaws which sidetracked the entire hour. Therefore I didn't get around the questions I needed to ask. Nor do I think any of the instructors will take the time to answer my questions without open hostilities. Besides its not worth their time.

6. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Email me and I'll send mine over

7. snakebit336

snakebit336 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Anyone have any experience with driving-tests.org/cdl-premium? Or just CDL Premium? Im studying for NC CDL...

8. Frank Burns

Frank Burns Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    This is what I'm using. Hope I don't get snookered.

Still haven't figured out how to use the quote function here.

9. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    It's such a shame all the memorization required for a CDL. Wish they concentrated on more important things for the license. I doubt I could quote everything today to pass that portion of the test. Would have to go back and start memorizing again...."no cracked or missing mounting king pin 3/4 inch play in the...uhhh".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.