Stupid question alert!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by FlaSwampRat, Dec 28, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    How the hell do y'all keep your trailers so shiney? I was wondering if whatever the hell y'all are doing to keep them clean might work on the chrome on my bikes? Sorry for the stupid question but a lot of y'all got trucks that catch the eye of this box hauler so I figured it was worth asking?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    There are truck washes that we use specific for for commercial trucks that keep the trucks clean. If the the truck is real shiny, then that driver found someone to polish his wheels and tanks for him

FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    for what its worth, i was stopped at the petro in amarillo tx a couple months back. black w9 pulling a tanker pulls up next to me . ol boy gets out opens the hood and starts spraying degreser all over his yellow engine. pulls out one them pump sprayers like u use for spraying insecticide around the house or similar. it was full of water and he then washes his entire engine compartment off , then proceeds to wash truck and tanker trailer. next thing i see is a rag and some of that zephyr metal polish come out of the sidebox and he polished wheels on truck and trailer and chrome bumper and the entire 48ft tanker trailer, he had a ladder stored in the side box. he was out there for a couple hours, he finished around sunset. i went out there when he was takin pictures of his rig and tell him "man I dont even smoke but after watchin u do all that work i need a pack of cigarettes and asian massage LOL" told him that was the baddest truck i ever did see . man i shouldve taken some pictures of it to . them tanker guys are the coolest

he was just using basic zephyr aluminum polish that u can buy at the truck stops. he say he gets it professionally polish by an aluminum polisher that uses sandpaper and polishing wheels to get that mirror finish and the zephyr is just used in between so it keeps the finish in better shape between polishings

Upinsmoke, x1Heavy and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    My Mack Superliner 500 had a aluminum box, we really did one thing when necessary.

Grab a garden sprayer with diesel, sprayed the bed down and sides then raised it for the night. Whats in it (Blacktop biti_) would be out of there by morning.

D.Tibbitt and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  6. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Spends all day washin and waxin..but can't walk to the restroom...
    :laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::sign3:

7. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Chrome / aluminum polisher right off the Wildwood exit next to the pilot is the easiest way I have found lol

8. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    @Long FLD Yours is always spotless from stem to stern, what are you using?

9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    He's the guy this was aimed at. That mother ####er drives a show truck 24/7 lol.

Upinsmoke and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I think maybe dirt and grime is just afraid of him....

11. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    I'll tell a secret. Mine is in no shape a showy truck. Its Dec and ground ain't froze. Its covered in mud front to back. I carry a small weed sprayer with simple green and water. Warning that purple stuff is caustic. Simple green is not. If I know a good rain is setting in. I spray everything down. It's a cheap quick truck wash. I do this while its setting, and have done this and roll. 100 miles drive out of the storm and the truck is cleaner than before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.