Suggested companies for new drivers.

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by JJRigger, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    I don't know about running the mountains, but it's hard to make a good mileage week in onterrible.

If I was coming from the west, I'd get mad as soon as I saw a kenora sign. Anything east of kenora pretty much up to Quebec City, you've gotta work harder to get good miles.

AB, SK and MB getting good miles is as easy as taking cookies from a kid.

orcen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JJRigger

JJRigger Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2017
    LOL no more Onnterrible!.......everything is horrible there the schools the govt. I grew up there and am just trying to leave.

4. Macneil

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    I was on the highway for a company out of northern Ontario and we'd run lots of eastern seaboard, Western US and in days gone past, lots of west cost Canada. Any time I had a run in ontario, I hated it lol. The roads suck, the people suck, the money sucks, the truck parking sucks and so on.

I was happy with my one week in northern Manitoba and the following week I'd usually be states side.

Now I turn wrenches in a shop in Ontario and still hate Ontario lol.

Dye Guardian Thanks this.
  5. JJRigger

Mar 6, 2017
    lol Macneil only others like us can understand our pain.

6. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    The last job I had in Canada was just doing heavy haul deck work with a radius between GTA/Hearst/SSM/Ottawa and loved it... 11 N from North Bay could be ####ty in the winter. Best money i've made trucking so far but it was LTL and a bonus was he was based in callander and i'm from the bay...

7. Macneil

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Where you at now orcen? I'm gonna go back to bakkes in a few weeks for a spring vacation from my real job. Maybe get to head to head to Nevada lol. My luck, I'll be heading to northern Manitoba. Ah well.

8. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Moved to Australia about 3 months ago now

Macneil Thanks this.
  9. JJRigger

Mar 6, 2017
    Has anybody moved to the states being from Canada and been sponsored by an american company for their green card?

10. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    So you want to go West young man.

Before you look for company names figure out what you want to do. Do you want to be home daily, weekly or whenever? Do you want to stay in Canada or run US also? Is money your only concern? Do you care if it's dryvan, reefer, flatbed etc.?

11. JJRigger

Mar 6, 2017
    I can do runs to the states TT. Right now being home whenever is fine. Im about to go through school for my license so I have no idea what i will like yet.....if that helps lol. Any suggestions for a complete beginner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.