Suicide By Truck Via Overpass

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    I think that is such ########. If you want to die do it by yourself. Do not automatically get someone else involved in your dumb ####. This poor driver will probably be affected by this for a very long time. Not to mention he will be tested and lose a days wages sitting at the scene of the accident all day. Very inconsiderate of the person killings themselves in more ways than one,

3. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Exactly there’s also the chance you kill others if you land on hood and go through windshield causing truck to swerve and hit others . You’re dead truckers injured or dead and the minivan next to truck is destroyed.

4. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I forget where I just passed through they actually put a fence on one side of the overpass. I assumed that it was to prevent people from jumping off into traffic. As I was typing this I remembered it was leaving Vegas. Someone loses a lot of money they might want to kill themselves.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    No the man was not struck by a tractor trailer. he jumped in front of a tractor trailer from an overpass because he is a complete coward and gave that poor truck driver a memory he will never be able to forget and he may never be able to drive again after this... the way the news word their articles always makes it seem like the truck drivers fault.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Happens all too often to train crews as well.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    It would make me never want to drive again. I feel for that truck driver. I hope he is ok and continue to live his life without this effecting him to much.. But I know how hard that must be

8. LarryTranspo

LarryTranspo Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2022
    California
    I think every job is difficult, and it depends on
    how people organize and regulate it.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  9. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Im sure the lawyers are already trying to find a way to show the truck never had the hours to be there or was speeding which also put him at that exact spot 5 minutes earlier than legally possible and should be liable for payment to the family

Gatordude, pumpkinishere and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    How come cdlLife is the only source that has been able to determine the man jumped as opposed to somehow fell? All other sources either say he fell or say 'jumped or fell'. There is a pedestrian crossing there and the guardrail is maybe waist high.

Suicide by truck is more common than many realize and maybe this was a suicide but to run with that as the headline when there's no confirmation is irresponsible IMO.

A man was hit by a tractor-trailer after falling from the overpass on Powhite Parkway Thursday morning, sources close to the scene said.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.