Sunbelt Transport - Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bamabart, Apr 17, 2008.

1. bamabart

bamabart Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2008
    birmingham al
    SUNBELT TRANSPORT JACKSONVILLE FL i am a former driver only being there for four months i guess i should not have much to say,wrong. what i speak of is the truth as it pertains to me. 15 years of experience in the trucking industry this was the worst. START FROM THE BEGINNING there ad read in my local paper (birmingham al)run AL GA TN NOTHING BUT A LIE found my self in south fl alll of the time. was almost killed by one of there local drivers on there terminal in jacksonville after he jumped another driver in the parking lot. lost countless miles over that problem never offered any compensation and finally had to threaten to quit to get reimbursed for personal stuff lost. finally after telling them several times i want what you promised me from the beginning i had to quit they tried to leave me stranded in north carolina. i came home returned there truck to there local terminal where i picked it up. and for the final scewing of all they desposited my final check in the bank on friday to only pull it out on monday causing me several hundred of dollars in nsf fees. fine good up standing company so every time diesel fuel goes a little higher i smile knowing there are just a little closer to there final judgement.if you want to work for this upstanding company keep my words in mine and the hundreds of other drivers that have left for similar situations i wish i would have only took the advise said by one of ther drivers at orientation RUN DONT WALK GET OUT OF HERE FAST! ENJOY LIES BEING STOLE FROM STAY.:biggrin_2558:BAMABART

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alphagirl

Alphagirl Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2014
    Bamabart, I have been with Sunbelt about 6 months and have not seen anything like this. From what I have seen they bend over backwards for their drivers and are home most weekends. I have never heard of them stranding a driver and apparently they did not strand you since you say you returned the truck to the terminal? Maybe if you had spoken with Mr Penland it may have been easily fixed? At any rate I have been in transportation for 20 years and this company is by far the best I have ever worked for.

4. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    I think bamabart may have moved on from a post posted 6 and half years ago..

BoyWander Thanks this.
  5. jpeters72155

jpeters72155 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2014

Hahaha I just randomly came across this thread. I'm thinking alphagirl is an undercover employee of theirs ;]

6. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Wellllllll. I hope you didn't start a career as a psychic. After all these years they're still here.

7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    .....alfagirl seems to know alot about how this outfit treats their driving force on all levels ,having been there for 6 months ,proclaiming after 20 yrs experience in transportation this is the best company ,she has ever worked for.....really ? ...so why deffend SUNBELT TRANSPORTATION ? ...we know that good companies don't need to rebute anything on public record .....the proof will always be in the track record ,NOT FaNCy WoRDs

8. generallee

generallee Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Exactly. Right on all counts. alfagirl's 2 post count is a dead give away as well. Save it for the stupid people.

9. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Cypress bought them a few years ago anyone working there would know that.

123456 Thanks this.
  10. Xppibro

Xppibro Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Is that bad? Good?

11. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    I work for this company now. I started school and will get assign to my own truck this Friday. So far Cypress treat the drivers well. Everyone I spoke to seems to like it except the ones who got a #####ing wife at home or on child support. They mostly complain about being broke. I can survive off of $$700 a week in my first year as a rookie

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.