Superior Carriers & Henniff

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tank4life, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    It was first posted on a tanker group on FB.

wsyrob Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Those estimators are the death knell, last time I saw those kinda folks around, the railroad I worked for was being bought. Why else would a property value suddenly need to be done?

Bud A. Thanks this.
  4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Freight waves doesn’t make these stories up, of course they’re going to tell drivers don’t believe the rumors, they don’t want a mass exodus.

5. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Keep in mind Pasadena, TX is a close suburb of Houston, TX and one of Schneider's two bulk / tanker training terminals is also in Houston. According to google maps the two facilities are about 16 miles / 22 mins part. In the event of a merger you can assume one of those would go away.

From what I understand Superior's Pasadena terminal is fairly new and one of the larger ones in their system where as the Schneider Houston tanker terminal is older and a bit overgrown. So that could be a plus if for the Superior side if there is a buy out.

speedyk Thanks this.
  6. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yeah, that terminal was built in 2003, same year I started with superior

speedyk and MYSTYKRACER Thank this.
  7. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    If it is, its going to be a blood bath on the superior side. SNBC pay scale for company drivers is garbo compared to Superior. I don't see too many Superior drivers happy with the $65/day layover sticking around...And as for us o/o, last I checked SNBC pays mileage at something like 1.50-1.60, I'm currently at 2.32/mi hub on % of linehaul. So ya not taking that pay cut.

Also I don't see how they are going to reconcile the Schneider way of doing business with Superior. Superior is all local control for dispatching, maintenance, driver management etc. SNBC is all centralized in Green Bay, with a smattering of DBLs at some terminals that don't really do much. Need to swap a trailer? I call the dispatcher or terminal manager and it takes 2 minutes, at SNBC its 45 minutes+ on hold with green bay.

8. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Odd only Freightwaves has the story. Superior hasnt deleted my comment this time and theres a Gent saying that they ran the story without confirmation. Which in and of itself, wouldnt Superior have put out a press release or at least something to Freightwaves saying that it's not true, if in fact it wasnt? Theyve been quiet

radioshark, Bud A. and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  9. speedyk

Apr 8, 2015
    Freightwaves is a fast-growing weed right now, onboarding new people, have seen them reference some very unofficial sources, for example another trucking forum. Doesn't mean the info is wrong, just that it isn't officially stamped and lawyer-approved.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I would rather them be quiet about the situation, as oppose to them telling me that the story is not true, and then a couple months later we are sold to either Schneider or whoever. That really wouldn’t sit well with me at all

scythe08 and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  11. speedyk

Apr 8, 2015
    scythe08, ncdriver1 and Lilj Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.