Superior Carriers Pay/Benefits Inquiry

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Birdman803, Jun 17, 2016.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Lots of your questions are terminal specific. I would advise calling the Pasadena terminal manager directly.

1. Houston actually services Mexico as well so they have lots of short stuff to Laredo and back. This is the largest terminal in our system so loads go all over. Maybe @Twicebit can chime in if he is still around. He started as an entry level driver there a couple of years ago. I generally got loads to the Chicago area or back towards home in NC out of there.

2. Company party line is 7-10 days out but that depends on whether you run dedicated out and back or system. Company policy is to dispatch you back towards your home terminal. If the economy is bad that could mean out and back to sit at home waiting for a load. The layover pay is good so the only time the company doesn't pay you is when you sit at home.

3. Home time has never been an issue in my 9 years. Its not allotted you just schedule what you need.

4. Prostars, Macks and Petes. They are moving away from the Prostars to 80% Macks and 20% Petes. All of the new trucks are auto. All the Prostars are 10 speed manuals and the older Macks are as well. All Petes are auto. Macks and Prostars have the short sleepers.

5. $10 a day if you sleep in the truck. They also pay for hotels for layovers.

6. Petro Chemicals. Each terminal is different but when I was running system about 20% of my loads were hazmat.

The biggest thing to remember is much of the pay package is hourly. Anytime you go over 2 hours loading, unloading you start getting paid hourly. Any time you sit over 14 hours you get paid hourly in quarter hour increments for the next 10 hours at around $16.50 per hour. That adds up. They often give you a lot of time on load appointment schedules so you can pick up a few hours if you run hard and sit. Good luck to you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TEX TRUCKER Q

TEX TRUCKER Q Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2015

4. TEX TRUCKER Q

TEX TRUCKER Q Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2015
    THANKS A BUNCH

wsyrob Thanks this.
  5. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I wasn't sure if we were getting a raise or not, then I saw it in my mailbox. Did they raise our hourly pay for OTR (demurrage, layover, etc)? I thought they just raised the local driver pay.

6. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I believe you got 2% on the hourly rate as well. Superior always raised the hourly pay along with the cpm when I was there.

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Just looked at my last statement. Hourly rate stayed the same for me at $16.16. First time they have done this since I have been there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.