Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SurfBaker, Jun 29, 2019.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    @spindrift is right. Go talk to the terminal manager as soon as you can. Also wouldn't hurt to check out some of the other tanker outfits in the St Gabriel area. There are many on hwy 30 between the interstate and the truckstop.

SurfBaker and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WIlee81

WIlee81 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2019
    SE Louisiana
    Thanks for the tips. Now, I'm not starting school until sept. 30th. Should I still go as soon as I can or should I wait until I actually start the class?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Go, go, go...now!
    And dress like you're a professional. Collared shirt and decent pants. It's almost a job interview.

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  5. WIlee81

WIlee81 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2019
    SE Louisiana
    Copy that. I'll make my way over there one day next week.

6. SurfBaker

SurfBaker Light Load Member

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    Absolutely head to the terminal and introduce yourself or at least call. I know they have a guy that's gonna be quitting soon because he wants to be home at night. It's a great company and lots of good people at the St. Gabriel terminal, very helpful to me during my training. Sorry about the comment, I just wasn't a fan of Gonzales or St. Gabriel area in general, maybe just to industrial for me. Good luck man & don't hesitate to ask any questions.

7. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    I'm glad Rob chimed in, I would've been guessing when I said molten sulfur only because I did my road test pulling a load of it. I'm honestly not sure what types of products we haul around Florida. I did hear that we picked up a new customer or two and that we have lots of loads heading out of Florida now. Loads going to places like Maine, Utah, Colorado so good miles for us system drivers.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    There are so many tanker companies in that area and they all have signs that say hiring CDL drivers. I see signs all over the roads these days, jobs available everywhere and not just CDL jobs. In my opinion, if you can't find a job these days, you don't want one. Just my opinion, not wanting a debate or anything.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    That sounds like home time with loads out when you are ready to roll. Good for you man, this sounds like it's working out nicely for you.

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  10. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    So, here's the deal. We delivered our last load Saturday the 25th. We headed back to the terminal & the paperwork for my trainer to sign was supposed to be there but it wasn't. My truck was nowhere around & found out that it was in the shop so I'd have to get it Monday & head home. Back to the hotel. Monday got all signed off & released from training by my trainer and the safety guy. Picked up the truck from an outside shop Monday afternoon, drove it back to the terminal, dash full of warning lights & not ready to drive 700+ miles back home. I was told they would look at it Tuesday & get it ready, hopefully. Back to the hotel. Tuesday morning, get a call from the terminal saying I have more training to do because the truck is a manual and they want me to drive it a couple days around St. Gabriel doing some local runs I guess & then a road test & then I can drive back to Florida. Ok fine, the truck was available a month ago, could've done my training in it but whatever, let's get it done. Was planning on heading to the terminal that day but after watching the weather forecast I saw the hurricane was coming. I called the terminal back & told them I needed to leave that day to get home for the storm. Rented a car & hauled ### home. Back in Florida now, storm prep is done for the most part, hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. As soon as the storm passes and depending on the severity of damage here, I'll drive back to St. Gabriel and finish my training.

dwells40 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.