SuperService, LLC: The 3rd Times the Charm?

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by IROCUBabe, Feb 13, 2011.

1. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Well I am back and have been back for about 3 weeks now. Aside from the name and a new serious push for safety/logging legal it seems to be the same company I left thank gods. Back with my beloved dispatcher, and while the miles are slower then before, I am just as happy now as I was then. The miles are enough for me, and I attribute the weather to some of the slowness.

So once again I will be reporting on my time here, hopefully this thread will be many years old. The name is not Gainey, its Super Service LLC, so I wonder if anyone will find this thread here...

Anyway I do have sad news to report, they got new trucks. Lots of them. Freightliner Cascadia's blech. And Volvos! Yeah... my thoughts too.

I thankfully didn't get a new truck, but I've been told not to get too comfy in mine as its 750k almost... I am wanting them to trade it in for an international prostar because of the three new trucks its the only one I can deal with >.>

Trucks been down about 3 times now, got a Service Engine Light on now, I've squeaked about it a bit but they haven't seemed too interested in fixing it. Its got a few other minor things wrong with it, but I just have this feeling the engine is going to explode spectacularly sometime soon because its making some really weird vibrations and sound.

I assume they aren't as interested in the service engine light because its not warranty anymore (500k right?), it does shift real nice though. But... I think there is a not so good reason for that there has to be cause it shifts SUPER nice...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whydontchahey

whydontchahey Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    It will be interesting seeing how the company is different (or not) with new ownership. Are u still teaming Iroc?

4. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    They are so far not any different, while the three companies now share the name Super Service they are still ran separately. If you were hired by somerset you talk to them not grand rapids, and so on and forth. They don't intermingle. They also no longer hire west of the MS, because they have almost no freight west of it.

Long story on how we wound up getting around that, I think MOSTLY because we were rehires AND team.

5. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Is Grand Rapids still the main terminal, or is it Okahumpka? If its still GR, then why did they decide to put Okahumpka, FL on the door? I hope they finally got EZpass in all the trucks! Did they?
    Cascadias and Volvos? Hmmm, Ive seen the Prostars(20 or so lined up in GR...I guess it was the first order), but not the Cascadias or Volvos yet.
    Im not looking to come back...just curious. Good luck to ya!

6. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Actually there are only like 3 Prostars in the GR yard (and Somerset), they have received the first group of Cascadia's there are a #### load of them in the two above mentioned yards. I've seen a few volvos but not on the yard, most were being driven. I am trying very hard to get us into the Prostar

The only doors that say FL are the one's who are running out of FL that I am aware of. Each 'terminal' (Somerset, GR, FL) has trucks that are assigned there and they say that terminal on the door. Ours says GR.

We do have EZpass, no prepass yet. They have a new dot # and are working hard to keep it pretty clean. Prepass has told me we can indeed get our own prepass for the truck and pay for it ourself, so we are doing that. According to prepass the company has a 15% pull in rate.

longbedGTs and The Challenger Thank this.
  7. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Wonder how confused DOT gets each time they see a Superservice truck with a different city/state on the door.
    Cool that they got everyone an EZpass...about #### time those jokers took that burden off their drivers!
    Are there any trucks with APUs?

8. arichter1966

arichter1966 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2011
    west Michigan
    I'll be road testing this Sat. here in MI and am doing battle with the choice of choosing who to go to work for. TMC and Super Service are on my short list, as well as FFE and some others. I like to gather all the info I can, good, bad and ugly before making the call. Anything you can share would be appreciated.

9. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Well I'm still here at superservice(formerly known as gts) and i have neither good or bad to say only that I'm OK with company and existing here for now because the Michigan job market is crap. i just came from the vice president office of the company(Tamara Wilson) after i went on a verbal rant on the companies facebook page after being broke down for a whole week on the grand rapids, MI yard and not being able to get a truck even with 40-50 new trucks parked on the yard. i awoke this morning to a message saying Tamara wants to see me....thinking Tamara is the safety lady who sometimes dose the safety meeting in the drivers lounge at noon on weekdays i figure i forgot to sign the check in sheet.

well i went the op building to see what Tamara wanted. and i was totally shocked when she said she wasn't the Tamara who wanted to see me, but it was company VP Tamara Wilson who wanted to see me. i gotta tell you the walk back to her corner office was the longest walk ever as i tried to thank what did i say or do that a company VP wanted me in her office. but to shorten this already long story. she said she seen my facebook rant on the company superservice page and wanted to assure me that the company was trying to move much faster in ordering new trucks and she hoped to have 500 to 600 new trucks in the fleet by end of summer 2011 or early fall.

she seemed nice and level headed she gave me her card and cell number and told me to address her personally with any further concerns or points of anger toward company. on a side note i had seen Tamara the previous day in the drivers lounge with paint samples and a clip board but i didn't know who she was at the time. their planning to remodel the grand rapids, mi drivers lounge. the drivers lounge will be moved into the orientation class and 3 or 4 new TVs will be added with new couches and chairs a pool table or tables and possible desk top computers. the now drivers lounge will be turned into a like cafeteria room with tables and more vending machines. i suggested putting wifi in the parking lot for the trucks, she replied it was being considered and seeing if it can fit into the remodel budget which all the terminals are getting ellenwood, GA somerset, KY and of course what i just told you grand rapids, mi company HQ.

10. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    oh yeah, Tamara Wilson VP told me that she ordered 300 new superservice trailers and they will be in by the summer. of course this is news being spread by another trucker but she says to tell other drivers if they have questions to come see her, she has a open door policy and will talk you so if you think i'm yanking your chain. go to the source of my info grand rapids, mi tamara wilson ss vp.

11. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I have been told the ezpass supposedly cost a 75 deposit, I cannot confirm or deny as we didn't pay any deposit that I am aware of and we were handed one when we picked up the keys.

Also before its asked, currently no pet policy. But I do plan on having a discussion with them on this when we are next in GR I have an entire pro pet policy packet worked up. :)

Our current wreck of a truck has 700+ k miles, and we are a team! Been in the shop about 6 times, and is going again shortly. This truck has something majorly wrong, when out of gear, idling it sounds like its scratching gears...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.