support the truck report

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by jnk399, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jnk399

jnk399 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2006
    I think it would be great to have a place to donate to the truck report instead of buying from the store. That's good to but I don't necessarily want anything. I would be willing to make a donation to keep them going. How about you guys? This is a great place to spend some time and see what other people in the industry are up to.:smt026 :toothy7:

I hope no one reads this and thinks the truck report wrote it. They didn't! It's from a fan of the report.

Just a Lady Trucker!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

I would not mind! I would not be able to do big bulks of cash! Like even $2.00 a week or so much a month might help Wiseone stick with it so he feels like he is doing it for something! Or we could get him more advertising clients to make money! That is probably good flow of cash there to help out? I don't really know how it works!

4. thedragon

thedragon Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Wadena, Mn
    Good Idea!!!!!! I think you can setup a donation link on the order page. My Head Church (I'm an Independent Congergation) has something like that on the supplies page, where I get my church materials. You can purchase something at a set price, or click on donation and add an ammount or do both.

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    yep the gardening site that was VB based i used to belong to had a donation link.

6. Light Traveler

Light Traveler Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Somewhere out there...
    I wouldn't mind it a bit. Maybe the Moderators could look into obtaining a PayPal account for donations. The Trucker Report does a righteous work, and I appreciate the fact that I can voice my concerns with others, which relate to a common cause. Heck, one day we may even stumble upon a solution! Therefore, donating a few dollars is a no-brainer.

Either together we pay now..........or divided we'll surely pay later!

Heck count me in!:thumbright:

7. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Thanks so much for the kind words, all! I have added a donate button to the top of MOST templates (the main one and the one's I can). I am not really sure how to go about this, but I think IF someone donates they should be anonymous so as to no be seen as having special favor on the board, etc., etc....We surely could use the help to pay for the server, etc., but ONLY if you feel inclined to. I will talk with CyberGal today and discuss how to best go about this. I DO have a verified PayPal account, so no worries there. Thanks again, all!

8. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yeah great idea about keeping it anonymous :smt023

9. joendeniese

joendeniese Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Dixie
    I have a paypal acct. too which I opened when I joined the E Bay community.. Very easy to do. And isn't it easier to give when you don't feel any pressure to do so?!

d.

10. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    I would just like to tell ALL of you who have donated, THANKS! It is very kind of you and we appreciate it! We have had overwhelming support and it is always welcome! Thanks again! It will help us grow, get better servers, safer servers, etc...

:)

11. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    i find this "thought" disturbing...............

does this mean that those who "donate" get special privledges like "warnings" when they do something bad, over being "BANNED" by those who do not.....??

does this mean a "donor" gets asked to be a moderator over one who doesn't....???

does this mean that we can use ANY language we want to instead of say #### to "denote a bad word".........(i think not).

if we were to all donate, the rules reagrding usage of foul language, or "inuendo's" or "suppositions" or "sexual meanings" have to be removed, as now its a "paid" web site, and not free.........

at least the "freeness" of the site, and the person who "owns-maintains" the site can have controls over it.

to be a "paid site"...........the rules have to change, to allow what goes on at any other web site/message boards...........

if the person who owns this board (wiseone ?) needs to have financial backing, then he can seek ads from various sources, that will run ads somewhere's along the top or bottom of the web page.

to "donate" money to this site now suggests "certain freedoms" for those who do, over those who don't.

and what if, and i say, what if, a "donor were to be banned" for any reason, would that give "ammuntion" for that person to come back here and either hack the site or cause other problems, as since he/she thinks they are "owed" something for the money they gave.......???

i say a big NO to donations.............

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.