Swartz Transport - Glen Rock, PA.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Oct 13, 2016.

1. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    @Gunner75 , good luck with the new outfit. I don't have an empty seat until February, maybe sooner. Their is nothing wrong with a large carrier as long as you know the drill. And small carriers cannot pay a driver and run a company running only broker freight, the margins and consistency are just not there.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    That'd be nice to read. I've talked to a few of their drivers and haven't met an unhappy one yet. In fact they all tried to recruit me.

As far as small companies I'd trade you circumstances. 18 months ago for me it was the choice between the unknown of a small carrier or western express. I sure am glad the small carrier worked out. They have their bad and ugly to go with the good but it's worked out.

The best company you'll ever drive for though is gunner express.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

See I'm with a smaller carrier. We have few direct customers and mainly run broker freight. I like it here. Will be a year next month. He has very little turn over in his trks . as well.
    Me and thr last mega just didn't work
    I gave it 2 years and could just never make a go of it.

Oldironfan and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    see I was pretty much in that position as well. I spammed out about 20 applications, only heard back from 5. of those 5 only 3 said that they would bring me on. roehl, ew willy, and p&'s. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not interested in the others. I did fill out applications with several tanker companies like Indian River & Carry transit, but neither of them got back to me. p&'s was the only one that stated that they didn't give a #### about what the two small companies I went to had to say, all they card about was my 2 years can be verified, and that there are no violations

Oldironfan, passingthru69 and Chewy352 Thank this.
  6. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    You've left a big company 3 times maybe more? How does that compare to how many small companies you have left?

SAR Thanks this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    the big companies I left to pursue the so called small company atmosphere and better money that everyone keeps talking about. so far I'm batting .1000 on small companies, of the two I've went to, they both promised more freedom, bigger pay, and better home time. so far neither has accomplished the bigger pay, and personally when I fuel card is shut off,and pay checks start to bounce, it's time to run regardless

Oldironfan and Chewy352 Thank this.
  8. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Any info on Swartz for OOs?

9. pontiac4lyfe

pontiac4lyfe Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2018
    Harrisburg, pa

Is he still working for them?
    I just got out of school and seen they are hiring

10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    When I was looking to put my truck somewhere I tried and tried to get ahold of someone there to no avail. Maybe things have changed since then.

11. pontiac4lyfe

pontiac4lyfe Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2018
    Harrisburg, pa
    They told me they pay percentage based. You have to strap the loads and she said it averages out to $15 an hour!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.