Swift At It's Finest................

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TrooperRat, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrooperRat

TrooperRat Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    .........Today, while toodling along a busy surface street near Downtown Phoenix, a Swift van comes flying by me. It's a passenger van, not a semi trailer. It says Swift Academy on the side of it, with the Swift logo and all. One presumes this van is being driven either by a Swift Trainer or possibly even a Swift Truck driver.

Regardless, there was a problem with this van passing me in the place it did and going as fast as it was going - which I guessed was about 30 mph. Oh, I was going 15 mph. I never speed in school zones, and I never pass in school zones.

Yup, that's what that Swift driver did - passed me going double the speed limit in a school zone. Most everyone knows that school zones are also no passing zones - says it right on the signs, and there's a #### good reason for it. If I need to tell you the that reason, then you probably oughtta give up your CDL and find another line of work.

School kids and their safety be ###### (there's a school right down the street from that crosswalk which is going across a usually very busy street), Swift apparently knows no boundaries - and we wonder why Swift trucks are in so many accidents?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flybynite

flybynite Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Gresham, Oregon
    Have you ever ran at night and come across a Swift Truck. Let me tell you, they are dangerous. I run I-5 every night and there are times when I come across a Swift driver bobbing and weaving between the 2 lanes worse than a worn out boxer. I try to tell them after I pass them there is a rest area ahead, usually they will not respond.

Now I know, this does not mean that every Swift driver is a unsafe driver, but there are some that need to manage their time better, and I also know that there dispatchers that don't give a rip about your rest, but it is better to be late than not to arrive at all.

:biggrin_25513:

4. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    I've got to get a little digital camera. Just saw a Swift drop flatbed at the Love's between Weatherford and Hudson Oaks TX. Had a Volvo with the whole rt side gone and burnt. Haul truck had Swift logo only it was painted red instead of blue. Wish I could have gotten a pic to post here. Next time I'll be ready. Shouldn't be to long. :biggrin_25523:

5. WAGONPULLER

WAGONPULLER Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Salt Lake City UT
    I know that there is good and bad in all situations but SWIFT was so rotten, I had to speak up.
    They accepted me for there school, I went to school (what a joke) I passed all their tests, I got my CDL, the day of graduation they told me they could not hire me! (because of some trouble I was in over ten years earlier! which I had told the recruiter about and he said NO Problem!) but they said I still had to pay for their school!
    I got on the phone with CR England in SLC UT and they told me to come on.
    I'm guessing they won't waste any time putting tha on my credit report huh!

6. Wolfie

Wolfie Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Hartland, Wisconsin
    Wow! thats sucks. they should have had all your records by the time you started. What a way to make money and trash a persons life..
    Chin up! Good luck!

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Personally, I would hire a lawyer. They were aware of this fom jump street I'm sure. Did you put this in writing anywhere before you started school?

It's called false representation. In other words, they lied to you for the money. They'll get some from the Government, and they'll get some from you.

Hire a lawyer, and get some from them.

8. WAGONPULLER

WAGONPULLER Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Salt Lake City UT
    yup, they had all my documentation up front
    it seems like quite a set up to me
    they can get every bit of info about you in a few minutes
    so why wait till the last moment to dump you if its not a scam?:biggrin_25513:

9. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yes a lawyer
    All that stuff you sign pretty much covers their butt, you probably agreed to it and even sign that you would pay them back no matter what.
    Sucks

10. Jarheaddriver

Jarheaddriver Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Anna, TX
    Did they also make you pay the $150 to attend the school, before you could start and they could do the Back ground on you? That is why I did not go with Swift for training....

Why the hell am I going to go to your class and be required to pay $150 non-refundable fee just to get started before you even do a DOT-Phy or Drug test.....

Some of these schools are just a load of BS....

11. TrooperRat

TrooperRat Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    More Swift shenanigans.
    Swift truck cuts 4 lanes of traffic on busy freeway to make the exit he/she apparently waited to get to at the last possible millisecond. A person might suggest to a driver that if you miss your exit, don't try to cut off that many vehicles in that fell of a swoop, instead, simply go to the next exit (which was a mile down the road), turn around and come back. And anyway, engaging in such sharp, sudden movements in a truck "might" cause your load to shift, or more likely, just plain trash everything inside the van, depending on the load.

Swift truck sitting in the high speed lane on a freeway that has fully 6 lanes. WHAT was that truck doing there (besides making 4-wheelers mad and having them fly past that truck and then cut in front of it).

Swift truck on I-10 going around 60 MPH in a 75mph zone, in the high-speed lane. This driver was over there for fully 6 miles SLOWWWWWWWWWWLY passing ONE other truck.

Then there's the generic "thing" that applies to all kinds of drivers, including truckers, that are talking on the cellphone and pay far more attention to the conversation than the traffic in front of or beside them. These people make extremely erratic and often-time dangerous moves in traffic because they are simply not focused on the driving aspect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.