Swift good to go in california

Discussion in 'Swift' started by buckaroo, Jan 3, 2009.

1. buckaroo

buckaroo Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2008
    redding ca
    Here is the story from ca. Freight is slow but swift is still hiring a few. About 15 of us started school together we where almost done when the call came in that swift only wanted 5 for this orientation i was one of the lucky one that gets to go and they are going to continue to take 5 every two weeks. Here is my story I used to otr 15 years ago mostly I5 corridor a few loads to Denver and Salt lake sometimes. I quit and got into The operating engineers Local 3 where i ran equipment for the last 12 years. There is just no work any more no highway work no new subdivision no malls no pipelines the whole construction industry is shut down. Yet the bills still come food house payments kids horses dogs You Just cant let it all go. I have been unemployed for about 8 months. There is no more money. Over the holidays i applied at walmart and got turned down they only had part time jobs available.Be Glad if you have a job right now and do everything so you can keep it . Thank God Swift is willing to give me a chance. I dont care if i have to wait 4 weeks for a truck if i can feed my family and keep the house we will be ok . Any miles is better than no miles try sitting at home and looking for jobs everyday . 50 bucks a day is 250 a week 1000 a mounth we will survive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Congratulations, keep the chin up and good luck. Oh yes don't teach your trai (excuse me) mentor to much he doesn't already know lol

4. buckaroo

buckaroo Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2008
    redding ca
    Thanks and my head is always up and sitting tall in the saddle

5. kw19791

kw19791 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Hayward,CA
    I just got off the phone with the recruiter here in Lathrop Ca .and told me the school is cancelled for tomorrow ,but maybe for most,the one for the 13th of this month was cancelled as well, he tolled me on the 2nd of Feb is the next one .... hope I make it,,,good luck bro

6. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Best wishes in having a job! You're right; any job now is worth keeping! Congrats.

7. Deluxe

Deluxe Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I am in the same boat as you. I was supposed to start orientation on 3/2, but it has been bumped to 3/9. Like SCUBA says, it's good to just have a job at this point. I drove for SWIFT from '02 - '04 and am glad I didn't burn that bridge. I am an IT/Telecomm type and have been out of work for 5 months now. On the positive side, been able to spend a lot of time on my scoot!
    Good luck to all!

8. justonemoretrucker

justonemoretrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2008
    tonopah,az
    Hi; I live in Phoenix and just finished my training with Swift on 2/17/09, I go 3/4/09 for orientation. Have any of you been through that yet? If so what's it like. Thanks RT

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.