Swift lease truck turn in?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckingSince21, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Yep. With fourteen thousand employees and a one hundred and ten percent annual turnover rate it is safe to assume they've seen every angle and covered every base. Yet drivers will look at those lease agreements and think "I can make this work if I just work really hard for a while".

autopaint Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Soon-2-Be-OTR

Soon-2-Be-OTR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Okay so, I am about to make this 'very costly' decision and just happened to be browsing for information about the Lease Purchase Option...

Why couldn't there have been an addendum added onto the Contract, where if, the company doesn't provide Freight to haul, then the Owner-Op could seek elsewhere since He/She is responsible for making payments for the equipment??

Please respond, I wanna present this, as an option, when I sign-on...

4. Soon-2-Be-OTR

Soon-2-Be-OTR Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Okay now, what would what You 'just said' accomplish?? Does this exempt You from being obligated and being forced to pay, like You described earlier??

And could You have asked and insisted on an addendum pointing out that if the company did not provide Freight to haul, that You should be able to seek business outside-of-the-company to help pay the obligation to the Contract???

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Where are you gonna go to get it? The crux of the situation is the truck you are about to purchase. It's WAY TOO MUCH money for someone starting out, especially right now.

You will also be competing against company drivers. That's HUGE mistake. Most of their organization is salary / bonus compensation. They have to pay for all that equipment, plus overhead, plus everyone wants their bonus. They aren't getting that from the cheap load. You are getting the cheap load. If you don't make the payment, oh well sucks to be you then. Or, you make the payment, but have nothing, and I do mean nothing, for yourself.

6. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I am willing bet he sign those documents without reading them as many seem to ignore or he wouldn't have put what he put in the original post. view post again and read the bold underline.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  7. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    “ Unfortunate sucker leased the truck “

8. trucker2121

trucker2121 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Has the truck lease been taking over yet or are you still paying on lease as of today?

9. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016

What the best part how are you gonna know or not if that truck is leased already or not do you have eyes on it I am certain they will milk every dime they can and have it rolling asap so they 2 methods of payment.

Remember most of these trucks they lease off they are essentially actually paying the truck off for the company to purchase another truck. One the people told me do you know how the best way to buy a truck no have it paid for by someone else one way or another they recoup the money a lot times to these people they spent to buy it so when its paid off they have the money back to buy for another.

Some companies like CR England heard from a former lease after lease to buy they wouldn't sell him the truck he, they wanted to sell a different truck but he had to go through 2 more trucks before they offered him this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.