swift school in millington tn

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by jefte1, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jefte1

jefte1 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2009
    mountain rest sc
    hi all just wanting a little info here, unemployed 47 yo here from sc.no options on my paying my own way in school so decided to go with swift good or bad. was going to go with prime but they check my bmi and its not what they want.so no go there. I have sleep apnea (medically checked) and have machine. has anyone here gone to the school in tn recently? if so any info on it would help out greatly. Also heard that you can get you dot physical before you go from your state which is fine with me since a urgent care place up the rd from us does dot physicals. thanks in advance for all help on this

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bugsy6

bugsy6 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Daytona,FL
    I am also interested in hearing from current swift drivers.I am going to go with swift also.If you want you can PM me if you don't want to post on the board.

Bugsy

4. jefte1

jefte1 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2009
    mountain rest sc
    hey bugsy,wife was born in palatka fla. I got layed off in feb thats why im going to school.tlaked to a couple of swift drivers already thats how I made my decision. you can pm me if you want I cant yet havent posted enough to pm anyone.If you can you can send me your private email and ill respond that way. good luck

5. bugsy6

bugsy6 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Daytona,FL
    I can/t PM either but I PM a mod asking him to pm my email you to.I actually in Palm Coast.Just everyone knows where Daytona is.

Bugsy

6. bugsy6

bugsy6 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Daytona,FL
    jefte,
    Have you talked to them yet?I just got off the phone with them.I maybe going first of July.

Bugsy

7. jefte1

jefte1 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2009
    mountain rest sc
    no not yet I havent, I have an appt with a guy about maybe getting with the wia program suppose to go thrusday and get all the info and see if he can help. hope so anyway,if it goes thru than i will be taking truck driving that way thru tech school to get cdl . will keep you posted.

8. emton

emton Medium Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Hobart, IN
    If you go to Swift's school, you will need to get your permit in your home state. Some states require the DOT physical for the permit, most don't. Regardless, every company will make you take a physical with their medical staff. So don't waste your money on it unless you need it for the permit.
    Good Luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.