Swift should be so proud!!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Brickman, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Earlier this week I saw a Swift driver make a U turn thru the median cross over on the big road. Lots of traffic in both directions and here he comes. The median is not that wide where he turned and his trailer was hanging out in the south bound traffic. The next exit to where he could have turned around safely was about 5 miles down the road.

Why he turned around like that I have no clue. It put him in line to go thru the I 25 north bound WY scale a few minutes later. I considering telling the scale guy about him, but didn't.

Should I have ratted this dangerous loser out?

Swift is a menace to themselves and all the other motoring public.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    I saw a Covenant driver do the SAME thing at the BOTTOM of one of the steepest hills in America...right at the bottom, past the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 in Colorado. He was making a u-turn in the middle of the freeway with trucks smoking brakes coming down the hill, and was one of the most dangerous maneuvers I had ever seen. We ALL decided (via CB) to call the police AND turn him into his company as it was a good bet he would, eventually, kill someone IF he got out of that situation in the first place.

Yes, I would turn him in as we need to be safer drivers than normal civilians.

4. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    I saw an independent mail hauler do this same move on I295 in NJ. I'm guessing he missed the detour for the truck stop in the construction. The sign for the next exit was in clear view. All he would have needed to do is drive about 1 mile north then flip around there and go an extra mile south. Instead he decided to scare the hell out of everyone and do his flip around through a grass median. I was hoping he would have gotten stuck in a soft spot in the grass and had to explain to the trooper how he got there. Only then would he maybe have learned a lesson.

5. Peeping_Tom

Peeping_Tom Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Sharpsburg, Ga
    personally i would have only said something if he put others in danger. i'm not a tattle tale as i have better things to do and more to worry about in my life.

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Hanging the rear of the trailer out in traffic is certainly unsafe. As far as I'm concerned there is no reason to flip a U on an interstate! Even if your exit is 10 miles down the road.

Many of the 4 lane state highways are different in that you might be expected to make a left hand turn into a delivery. Most state highways have a wider median and a turn lane too so to get the truck out of traffic.

7. Peeping_Tom

Jul 22, 2007
    Sharpsburg, Ga

guess i misread or something. didn't realize it was on the interstate. there is no excuse for that one.

8. WiseOne

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Oh yea, same with that Covenant driver...we ALL decided, via CB, to call on him. He was sticking out in the freeway as well and was one of the most dangerous places you could ever imagine a truck driver would do that. The police DID come and blocked a lane so he could pull out and, of course, he got a ticket, don't know if he got fired though...doubt it, knowing Covenant.

9. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Hmmm... No sticker for him! :biggrin_25523:

[​IMG]

10. Peeping_Tom

Jul 22, 2007
    Sharpsburg, Ga
    so i see your also a big fan of covenant.

11. WiseOne

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Oh man, I have seen some of the DUMBEST drivers at Covenant...that's almost all they can get since they torture their drivers, LOL. Yea, that's a good sticker of Swift...LOL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.