Swift Transportation Company, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I HAVE NEVER been fired from any job! Period! Driving or otherwise! Also, I have worked for 4 companies in 7 years, not 6. Also one of those I worked for for 2.5 years and the one I am at now for over 2.5 years, so like I said, you need to read before you speak. Being asked to step down, is not the same as being fired. BTW, I can go back to Knight anytime I want now. I just dont want to, why should I? EVERY single job that I have ever left, driving or otherwise will hire me back in a second--and that is a fact. You can insult me and my rants all you want, but when you insult my character, morals, and ethics--then we have a problem.

For your info, if you want to know where I got $.30 cpm right out of school it was Eagle Carriers in Somerset, KY, now operating under the name CoreTrans.com. So are you happy now?

Just because you have not done research into where you can get $.30 cpm right out of school does not mean that you cant. BTW, I probally would have stayed with Eagle, but they went bankrupt.

Also, I went to TDI(Truck Drivers Institute), one of the 4 top driving schools in the country. And I paid for it myself, I didnt "let" my employer pay my way through. Nobody pays my way through life but me. Are you satisfied now? I also drive for the largest privately owned LTL group of companies in the US owned by one of the richest men in the US, google that and you will find out who. Now are you satisfied yet?

BTW, I have never "torn up" equipment anywhere, so you again dont have a clue

I go where the money is, more money and better working conditions, count me in. I have never made less at any job, than I made at the one I left.
    You think you know it all, frankly I am done with you--I hope you get that chip off your shoulder or you may want to think about finding another career. Everybody is lying--all (0 pages worth except you--and you havent driven 1 mile or spent one night in a big truck, but to see you raving, you would think that you were the greatest driver that Swift has--well, that doesnt take to much to be that, so that is really a bad example. But you get the point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. druid2874

druid2874 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    oh Please tell me the correct way to get there then. From Gulfport, ms to Bowling green, Ky
    is 554 miles. By all means enlighten me and tell me which way to go that is faster then US 49 to I-59N to I-65N...... or you can go US 49N to I-10E to I-65N but that is 21 miles more from the port to the Fruit dc in bowling green that’s off exit 22 on I-65. Or you can take US 49 to I-59N to I-65 to SR 840 to US 231N but that adds 30 more miles and a lot of stop signs and red lights I been that way and its adds 40 more min on my times regardless of rush hour in Nashville. OH please great one enlighten me and tell me a much faster way then the ones that I gave

4. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Well, let's refresh your memory from other threads you have posted on. On "Knight Transportation" post #6 you state that you worked for Knight Transportation for 2.5 years. On "Celadon" post #60 you state, "When I drove for Celadon..." On this thread post #852 you state, "When I drove for JB Hunt..." AND "Out of my orientation class at Swift in Gary, IN..." In the post listed above you state you worked for Eagle Carriers and the one I am at now. So let's count the companies YOU have said you have worked for:
    1) Eagle Carriers
    2) Knight Transportation
    3) Celadon
    4) JB Hunt
    5) Swift
    6) "The one I am at now..."

Looks like 6 to me. And as for Knight, you state in post #11, "I would still be there, but I had an incident and was asked to quit. (pretty close to being fired other than the company is smart enough to do it that way so they don't have to pay unemployment--I bet if you had refused they would have gone ahead and fired you). I was alreay on probation for something that happened before I was hired by them."

andygixxerman Thanks this.
  5. Timtruck

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wonder when a guy is keeping tract of another guy--must be a little on the funny side or something.
    I never worked for Swift, unless you consider the road test working for them--read the post before you comment.
    Knight would not have fired me, you yet agian dont know what you are talking about. Also pretty hard to keep working for a place that went bankrupt-oh yeh, you didnt read that either-my bad!
    Im not answering you anymore.

I didnt say that was the only way--but he said something about Nashville traffic, and all I said was that I never went through Nashville going there from Gulfport. Im not gonna do your homework for you--

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  6. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM

So, I guess timtruck bombed out of Swift orientation. If that be the case, how can he be such an "expert" on a company he hasn't driven for? Maybe that is where his hatred for them comes, he didn't make it through orientation and so he wants to get back at them.

7. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    That is what i was just thinking. How bad a driver you must be to not pass a road test....with such a BAD BAD company such as Swift. A company that just pumps out drivers and slaps a CDL in their back pocket just to get them on the road. LOL What we will hear now, is that they offered him a road test, then they just happened to stopped hiring. :biggrin_2551:

And then we will be told 'being asked to quit' isnt being fired (though it really is, it is just the company being 'nice' and suggesting you 'quit' just so you can save face), kinda like saying 'though i dont have any cash in my back pocket or in my bank account, i'm not really broke, because i have a framed sheet of uncut $2 bills'.

Do my research? I have, for the situation I am in (and if you could weeed, you'd have seen it), and NOWHERE did i ever find a company willing to train someone in their school, and then hire them at more than 30cpm. But seeing how working less than that is 'slaving', and not understanding at after 6 mo. you're pretty much working at 30cpm. Thank you for finally naming a company after being called out. Did it really take more than 20 posts, and 2-3 days of asking before you actually answering a question?

Who asked?? Seems like you need to reassure yourself how great you are, or how perfect your life is for some reason. Will the story end if you forget to pinch yourself from time to time??

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  8. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    Well keep in mind that he first says that he busted his hump to make 3K+ mi a week OTR. And then turns around and says that its impossible to do. And maybe someone should point out to him that mentors get paid for all of the "Truck miles".

Dude you can say it ain't so all you want if that keeps you from curling up in your bed, sucking your thumb and crying. But in the end it doesn't make it true it just lets everyone laugh on their way to the bank. In the mean time enjoy your 17ish an HR day cab. And BTW being "asked" to step down is in fact being FIRED!

9. wild bird

wild bird Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I live in s. c.
    dear druid2874,
    I just wondered, I worked the ports in Charleston,S. C. and Savannah ga. for 6 years and I had to marry up my chassis and go through the lanes to get it married (that is- put on the chassis) then to check out lanes it could take almost a half day especally if I had to turn one in. How did you get in and out so quick? I am not arguing just wanted to know if they had it all done and on a pick up yard or something like that?

10. Timtruck

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Again, you have not read the posts, I made it through the road test flying collors in fact. I aklso made it through orientation and then waited 3 months for a truck--read all the posts . I is there.

Typical Swift driver, and they wonder why we have a pronlem with this company. I hope this mgt at this website figures out that you guys are "tracking" me--that is illegal, BTW

11. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    cannot really be 'tracking' and 'illegal' when the website it self allows you to look up all posts by a certian member. How 'illegal' is that. Better call Johnny Cochran...oh wait. ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.