Swift vs Roehl

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Jbroncovil7, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Jbroncovil7

Jbroncovil7 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2020
    Louisiana
    I am brand new to all of this. I don't quite have enough to enroll in a school near me to obtain my CDL. I'm In Lafayette Louisiana. I have a recruiter hounding my emails from swift and I have been reading about Roehl. Any advice on pros and cons for each companies paid CDL training.

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know.
    Roehl pays $500 weekly while in school, but the contract is something like 18 mos.
    Contracts are ok as long as you're content with the company.
    Swift also has good training.
    Probably won't go wrong with either.

5. Jbroncovil7

Aug 17, 2020
    Louisiana

6. Jbroncovil7

Aug 17, 2020
    Louisiana
    I live in Lafayette Louisiana. Do you know of a better option for CDL paid training. Could you offer me a bit of advice.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. slow pok

slow pok Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2013
    lizela ga
    Soon city’s will cover the school cost ask the employment office. Roehl are crooks

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  9. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Roehl is pretty good, for a starting company. I think they start At 42-44 cpm out of school. 120k mile contract, break it and it’s a 7k bill. Don’t think they have any drop yards or terminals too close to you though.

10. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Go down to your local workforce commission. My father in law went to school 100% free because the workforce helped him apply and get grants for school.

If you're set on going to a company paid training check out CFI out of Joplin, Mo. My wife and I got our start there and it is an amazing company to get your start in. They treat you like family and have one of the best training programs. Sign a 1yr contract for solo drivers or 6mo contract for team drivers (yes they'll help you find a team mate if you want. Although I advise only team with a friend or family member.) And they will pay all $4000 of your schooling. If you decide sooner all they ask is you pay them back the money by setting up a payment plan with them.

Jbroncovil7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.