Sysco - Lowell, AR

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McBroski, Apr 4, 2019.

1. McBroski

McBroski Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2019
    Hey, all. Making a change from OTR in the near future after four years of trekking through the Lower 48. Just want to be home more than once a month, even if it is only for long enough to sleep each night.

Sysco is advertising a food delivery position in my area (Northwest Arkansas) out of the Lowell, AR barn; does anyone have any info/experience they would care to share regarding that place?

Specifically looking for things like unionized or no? What's the turnover look like in the past few months for seniority prospects (imagine they have a bid scheme like other shops)? What kind of payscale do they run/how much can a newbie reasonably expect to bring home if they ain't afraid of doing actual work? It's been a few years since I had a "real" job, but I imagine it'll come back to me.

Appreciate any and all insights offered, thanks.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Here in Cleveland Sysco has a very high turn over. I know Sysco, Oklahoma is union and so is Cleveland, Ohio.

Lot of stops and lots of food to deliver you knew that ha-ha.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I noted that there is a little bit of sysco this and that this week. That's all well and good.

Many syscos are not that nice. You wont not want to make a home in such a .. intense facility. What with the Dock Lord yapping at everyone to move it move it move it from his desk.

There is pretty much only one sysco that was halfway decent and really good. That's way out in Pokomoke City Maryland. It's a personal favorite. Why? They are fast. None of that yapping.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    For what it’s worth, it looks like a remote location. From google maps it looks like just a handful of dock doors in a shared warehouse. That means the routes could be pretty heavy since there’s less drivers to spread things out, but you’d make more money. It could also mean there is no onsite supervisor (a nice benefit imo).

Cardfan89 and DC818 Thank this.
  6. localguy65

localguy65 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Check a group on Facebook called "past and present Sysco drivers and employees".

Hopefully someone on there can help you with some more information on the specific location you asked about.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    jmz and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.