T660 gauges quit working only RPM and speedometer work.... keeps blowing the cecu pwr fuse

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Pakeezy, May 10, 2016.

1. Pakeezy

Pakeezy Bobtail Member

May 10, 2016
    So yesterday I stopped to get fuel shut the turn off turned it back on and parked it for my 10 hours went to the sleeper to get my things ready for a shower when I was going to shut the truck off I notice my gauges weren't operating.
    had the following symptoms

Dash lights come on the speedometer and rpm gauge, rpm do show correctly when running

All others gauges no lights or no function

Gauges did not cycle when key turned on

Info screen above the speedo and rpm gauge worked but the select wheel would not change the information

On roll F there is 2 cecu pwr 15 a fuses side by side to the far right my truck keeps blowing the right one.
    Another thing I've noticed was the relay IGN BUS RELAY and the ACCOUNT BUS RELAY where warmer than all other fuses.
    This morning I took the dash apart looking to see if there was maybe a lose wire but didn't see any.
    Any information would be much appreciated.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    Reason for edit: miss spell top to took
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misfittruckingltd

Misfittruckingltd Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Did you find your problem? I'm having the same issue

4. T660 TX81

T660 TX81 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Did you find the problem having the same issue

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your harness has been working too hard, all hot and bothered. You did more than 90% of dimwit drivers will... touching them to see if it hurts or not.

The 90% of dimwits will just take the RPM and Speedo as the two main gauges needed to run the big truck, all the rest of it is hooey and BS to them. IF they are particularly slow in orientation, a smart company cookie will paint primary bright coloers on the tach to help them out.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If you're blowing a fuse immediately, the wire coming off that fuse or something attached to that circuit after the fuse is grounded out or shorted. Or someone added in an extra accessory to that circuit that the wiring can't handle.

(In response to the recent post, not the ones from 2016)

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.