T909? - Another one from KW

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by mrrolly, May 1, 2011.

1. mrrolly

mrrolly Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ran into this one at Kimba (Sth Aust) last week running across to Perth

Tri-Drive T909 (yep...thats what the plate said), and around $450,000 worth of truck....good to see someones got money to burn !!!!

Apologies for the crap quality of the pics - Iphones suck as camera phones :biggrin_2553:

Busy 2 weeks across the Nullabor coming up, with all the V8 Supercar transporters heading up to Barbagallo. Spent the week playing leapfrog with a few of the guys, and we'll get to do it all again next week after the races

Dave

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AUSSIE DAVE

AUSSIE DAVE Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    OZ - Brisbane
    big bucks alright. but it is good to see the RTA finally allowing this type of setup on the road, here in Brisbane they have recently allowed 2 trailer roadtrains to come down from toowoomba into the port of brisbane, its about time they realised that a roadtrain can stay within the lane on that route, and lets face it the wheel tracking of a 2 trailer roadtrain is not very diff from a b-double, so i cant work out why it took them such a long time to make the change. the allowance of quad axle trailers here is also a good thing, just wish i had the money to buy one, so i could legally carry those heavy containers. LOL

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Now that's quite a moose-killer you guys have on the front end!

5. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Tri Drive in Perth area. probably going to make an oilfield winch tractor out of it. About $155,000. Canadian dollars. I'll ship you all you like for $450,000. lol:biggrin_25523:

6. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Pick me, my father lives in Perth and I have been thinking about going there.

I had a Mercedes that I was really excited about shipping there when I saw the asking prices (something close to double what it was worth here) for similar ones...

until I remembered about the right-hand drive. :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25521:

7. Prairie Boy

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Being as your from Stampede land, you've seen lots of tri drive winch tractors. The suckers have unbeleivable traction when all 3 lockers and power dividers are kicked in.

8. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    I'll bet.

It has been quite a few years, but I ran winch tractors, although they were all tandems... mostly self-taught. I learned the importance of "hook on top" when standing up cement bins. It didn't go over the edge of the lease, but... :biggrin_25524:

9. Prairie Boy

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Not allowed to do it anymore, 400 barrel tanks have to be stood up with a picker and else by using a bed truck.

I spotted some too years ago, they had a spike at the end of the skids that stuck ion the ground so you could stand it up by having your line on TOP (LOL) and backing against the skids.

10. mrrolly

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    saw another one heading over on the return trip this week, so I called the guy up on UHF and asked where they were off too (The trucks). Hamptons in Kewdale he said, and so far they've delivered 12 to them - thats some big bucks there :)

Dave

11. mrrolly

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    You sure as heck need them moose killers out there, kangaroos can do some major damage to a front end, specially them bid red buggars up north !!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.