TA In Montgomery, AL - worse Truckstop in America

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by kevinm, Jul 18, 2009.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    LMAO..... ya think?

I'm wondering what grade we're in today. 2nd or 3rd

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona

i remember having to fuel up there. i was also 30mins away from running out of my hours for the day. one lap around the lot for a place to park, and i did NOT like what i saw. i overdrove my hours, and parked my ### in mississippi. i stopped at a rest area and let those hours catch up, plus the 10 for my break.

i don't understand why you decided to go into there after the first bad experience with their restaurant staff. it only takes one time for me. breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it doesn't matter. if the food sucked the first time, i won't bother trying another time. ever puked and crapped at the same time? i have and it's not fun at all. it was the result of some terrible "food" from the flying j in pecos, tx.

4. Johnny99

Johnny99 Johnny be Good

Nov 24, 2007
    Big Sandy Tenn
    The TA in Monkey Town is a real piece of work allright. It had some of the boldest lot lizards around. They would step up on the side of your truck to proposition you as you were pulling into the lot. But a real palace compared to the TA in Jessup Md, as someone has already pointed out. Some other "memorable" places to stop were the old 76 truck stop at Ryan Road in Milwaukee, the Crossroads Truck Plaza{now a Petro} at Lake Station Ind before they put a fence around it, and Bud's in Indianapolis. The list could go on forever.

5. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Not sure how long it's been since you've been up there.... But that Petro has been a Flying J now for close to 10 years.

6. rubbergearsnextyear

rubbergearsnextyear Heavy Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    So THAT is what those yellow mound thingies are on some lots. What was it a cable connection or something? My first guess when I saw them was maybe some sort of phone connection or something. So what was Park n View?

Kevin, you are definitely over reacting man chill out. I did not sense that as slamming you lol. Never been to that one but the J is decent in Montgomery and thanks for the warning as I won't be going there.

The Pilot in Birmingham ain't no better. And stay away from any TS in Memphis TN and be extremely observant if you go to W Memphis AR!!! And yes, Jessup sux!

7. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville

Yep! Those little yellow bumps were for park n view. It was a cable tv/phone service for drivers. Run a cable & phone lines out of your truck (just like your cable & phone lines at home), hook them up & wa la! You have the crappiest service in the country!

I got so fed up with it at a T/S in California... Couldn't get a good reception or a clear phone conversation... So I took a wire cutters, climbed out of my truck, cut the cables & drove off! It wasn't long after that when I heard that they went belly up.

I think idleaire is worse... not because of the service, but because it takes 2 normal parking spots to make 1 idleaire spot... Makes it difficult to park at 3am when you know that there are 50 concrete blocks taking up parking spots!

8. rubbergearsnextyear

rubbergearsnextyear Heavy Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    I agree I dislike Idle-Aire for two reasons. Priced too high (I mean just for the AC) IMO and as you state, takes up too much valuable real estate for parking. Now in a really big lot, no biggie but many lots could definitely use the extra space.

Like Idle-Aire Park n View was a good idea just poorly implemented as well and I'm guessing probably a bit pricey too.

9. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    He's right....."step left" and move on.....

And the mods won't see anything wrong with his posts.....I don't see anything that would be regarded as an insult.....

10. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Now for a real adventure....go to the Ontario T/A West......

I think the "Men in Black" lost some of their creatures at that place....:yes2557:

11. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    I'm trying to remember... But I don't think park n view was priced all that high. I'm wanting to say it was like $5 for 24 hours or $30 for a month... Something like that. They've been gone 7, 8, 9 years... So the exact numbers seem to be erased from my memory.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.