TA stole my rewards

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by timeforachange, Jul 26, 2021.

1. timeforachange

timeforachange Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Indiana
    I had saved my rewards points for a few years looking to buy a satellite system. I was not trucking from the middle of December to the middle of July this year. I decided to buy an inverter instead and found out TA deactivated my card and stole $481 worth of points. I called and they reactivated my card with 0 balances. I suggest all truckers buy fuel from other truck stops and skip TA and Petro whenever possible. Screenshot_20210719-173554_TruckSmart.jpg

mitmaks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    What was the explanation for losing your points?

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    The rules
    Expiration of UltraONE Points
    1. UltraONE Points, and any special offers or other rewards of any type existing in a member’s account, will automatically expire if no activity is recorded on an account for a period of 180 consecutive calendar days, and the members account status will then be set to inactive. Activity is defined as a Certificate being printed or UltraONE Points being added via a qualifying purchase. In order to earn and redeem UltraONE Points, an account must be active. An account can be reactivated by contacting UltraONE toll-free at 1-800-632-9240.
    2. UltraONE Points will automatically expire if not redeemed within twenty-four (24) months from the date of issuance.
    You have to agree to this to receive a card.

5. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    Unfortunately it's use them or lose them.
    You lose them if your account has been inactive for 6 months.

6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I understand being upset, but don’t whizz on them because you didn’t follow/read the rules. They didn’t steal anything, they followed the program.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    He saved his points for a few years.

Looks like they started disappearing after 24 months.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I feel the pain.
    Years ago I cashed in points for a dezl GPS.
    Last year? I thought I might use some more accumulated points and found out they(stamart) had been purchased by pilot/flying J and no longer accepted the old rewards...
    Oh well, easy come easy go.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Kinda like their new shower rules. We can only get 1 shower credit per day. Even if you buy fuel two time buying 60+ gallon.

D.Tibbitt, Bean Jr. and slow.rider Thank this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    When I knew I was going to have a 34 of longer sit, I used to stop the pump when I had enough for a shower, then start it and do it again to get some extra shower credits. If I had to do it now, I guess I would try getting a card in the wife's name to get the extra showers.

11. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Or just go to love's. Before I got sick. I was platinum level and had unlimited showers/refills.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.