Take a Survey!

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by IHeartTruckers, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHeartTruckers

IHeartTruckers Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Truckers!

Researchers from Indiana State University are recruiting long haul truck drivers to participate in a short study on trucker eating habits.

For this study, you will take a quick (about 10 minutes) online survey asking some questions about how you decide what to eat while you are on the road.

After completing this survey, you will be redirected to a new page. Please enter your mailing address to receive a participation reward.

Click here to take survey: https://indstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cPa2doyep61uk6x
    Please take the survey only once.

Eligibility:

· 18 years old or older

· Drives a commercial truck as primary employment

· Operate mostly in the Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin).

Participants will not be put at emotional or physical risk as a result of participating in this study. Participation is voluntary. If you have any questions or concerns about this research, please contact:

Principal Investigator: Adrienne McCarthy, amccarthy2@sycamores.indstate.edu [Forum ID: IHeartTruckers]

Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Wan-Ju Yen, Wan-Ju.Yen@indstate.edu

RIGHTS OF RESEARCH SUBJECTS

If you have any questions about your rights as a research subject, you may contact the Indiana State University Institutional Review Board (IRB) by mail at Indiana State University, Office of Sponsored Programs, Terre Haute, IN 47809, by phone at (812) 237-8217, or e-mail the IRB at irb@indstate.edu. You will be given the opportunity to discuss any questions about your rights as a research subject with a member of the IRB. The IRB is an independent committee composed of members of the University community, as well as lay members of the community not connected with ISU. The IRB has reviewed and approved this study.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    If you are sitting waiting on a load take the survey and earn some money. There's enough payment to buy that next box of Ding Dongs

4. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    is unemployed so I will pass

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Im no longer long haul. However, if I was I would never do it as I dont give out my address to random people.

6. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Good wisdom there!

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  7. IHeartTruckers

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    If it helps any, I am not allowed to contact you further other than to send you a gift card. I am also not allowed to sell or give your information away. Additionally, the survey does not ask for a name, just a mailing address.

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Will I be put in physical or emotional danger?

9. IHeartTruckers

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    You definitely will not. Unless you're taking the survey while you're driving. Please don't take the survey while you're driving.

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Why midwest only?

11. IHeartTruckers

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    We limited this survey geographically because different areas of the country may experience different food environments. We picked the Midwest because we're in the Midwest.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.