Tanker to ready mix

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Fold_Moiler, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Lol almost, shut down when the weather turns in nov-dec start back up in March.

It’s no big deal, you still have your insurance and dental all year and you collect unemployment and plow/haul snow for cash or just hang out and take a vacation.

You’re gonna work 65 hours a week all summer...

77fib77 and motocross25 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That’s great man. And yea after the rest of the year with those hours I wouldn’t be doin anything except eating and going to Wild games. Sounds like you landed a great job, congratulations. Keep us posted on it when you start.

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  4. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Where are you at?

5. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Minneapolis.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  6. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Started my new job. Not bad at all, driving a quad axle Pete 379 dump truck.

Hauled old asphalt the mill shot in my truck all day.

I think I’ll like this place, everyone is super nice and it’s not corporate. “Here’s your keys, ride on the mill so you know what to do when you get there”.

Lol that was my training.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Woodchuck88 and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    They have a bed sprayer to drive through?

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  8. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    I haven’t hauled fresh stuff yet but I think we spray them with diesel by hand.

speedyk Thanks this.
  9. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah, we just spray it down by hand I was hauling fresh asphalt today and will be tomorrow too.

So far it’s been something new every day.

I usually chain down a machine or two on my flat bed behind my dump truck in the morning and drop it at the job then get to work doing dump truck stuff.

Ran the roller all day today doing patch work before we pave the street tomorrow.

Still super nice guys, my foreman makes sure we get lunch everyday and he usually buys then it’s beers at the shop after work if you want ONE beer.

They might put me on the mill soon... that should be interesting lol. That thing is massive and I’d be driving a low bed instead of a dump truck. They definitely aren’t scared to train you on any machine.

Glad I made the switch to a family place instead of a mega concrete company. The owner checks in on me every day to make sure I’m liking it and not overwhelmed or anything.

Also nice to have a real truck wash at the shop with every detailing supply you could need. They don’t #### around.

speedyk and motocross25 Thank this.
  10. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Milling machine operator is paying $60 an hour here up on the highway. Learn how to operate that and you wont ever drive a truck again.

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  11. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    I think ours makes 44 an hour. Still....

Funny you mention it, our operator is getting deployed and they mentioned throwing me on it since no one likes running it. Driving a low boy and running a mill for 44 an hour, I can handle that.

Job is still going great. Owner loves me and wants to get me in the loader ASAP so I can load my own truck if need be and he mentioned the mill too

I also only work like 8-10 hours a day which is wild coming from ready mix. I never want to go back to 14s again.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.