Tanker vs End Dump

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by freebird95, Nov 11, 2018.

1. freebird95

freebird95 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Where can an owner op make the most money. I'm planning on either leasing on with Ergon or Altom if I do tanker, or Page or US Bulk if I go end dump. I dont have any experience with tanks, but I do with end dumps, it's what I do now hauling scrap. I'm making good money but have just always wanted to own my own truck. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Hauling scrap and hauling for US Bulk or Page is a completely different thing.

Imo if you’re chasing a dollar go tanker. It’s cleaner work, no landfills involved, & i would think better rates.

freebird95 Thanks this.
  4. freebird95

freebird95 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    How is it completely different than hauling scrap? How long are the runs over there at Page or Bulk? What's the hometime like, and do they stay busy all year round? I've never hauled anything but scrap in a bucket. I figured tankers might pay better, but I just know how to run a dump. I figured most companies will want at least some experience with tanks or dumps. that's why I was kind of leaning towards Page or Bulk. Is there any other good companies to lease on with for dump work? I live in Northern Ohio right on Lake Erie.

5. SKYWALKER91

SKYWALKER91 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2019
    Hey I know this is from 2018. But I’m in the same boat now as you were. I live in Chicagoland ☹️ But Add Bruce Oakley & Dana into the company possibilities. So what did you end up doing ??

Happy Holidays,
    - Luke

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.