Tanking endorsement worth it?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by gheor, Nov 8, 2012.

1. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    It might not make a difference at a training company, but get some experience, maybe two years, and your earning potential will rise exponentially.

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    Might just as well get it you never know what the future holds...I haven't seen many, if any, van/reefer company jobs that pay better than hazmat tank..

Some dry bulk companies require the endorsement (not sure why) but they do..

Doesn't A&R require tank I think they might ?? I know Lynn H Scott does because they offered me a job a year ago..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. Truckinchic

Truckinchic Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2012
    MA
    Tanker, Hazmat and dont forget the TWIC Card. Well worth it.

5. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    T/X is a necessity if you wanna make any real loot......the TWIC card is too I guess...for some locations.....even though is basically a money scam. How do you implement a program, charge for the credentials and NOT have the means (readers) to use the program at the majority of the required locations? :biggrin_25511:

6. formertaxidriver

formertaxidriver Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Aiea, HI
    Comming soon: tank endorsement needed to haul more than 4 liquid bulk totes.

7. cglascoe01

cglascoe01 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    East coast
    i pull flatbed, and i have to have a tanker endoresement when i load the liquid bulk totes now, i know that is a new rule, one more place having a tanker endorsement helped me out. i took a year off from otr to work local, tank companies pay better on average than the rest as far as local work goes

8. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    I don't know why they would. They pull pneumatic tankers not liquid.

9. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
  10. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Not sure why dry-bulk pneumatic trailers require tanker....they're more of a hopper really. I haven't got my hazmat (yet) but I'll do tanker all day over anything else. Prefer foodgrade, surge and all...it really forces you to drive better. I occasionally pull foodgrade right now as a break from the reefer grind, and would love to go fulltime with it but haven't found the right place to do so.

11. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    I have doubles, triples, haz mat, tanker etc. I don't use any of them but you never know so I keep them on my license.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.