Tax Caution For Employee Drivers

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by STexan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I guess my parents chose a great place for me to live and go to school.
    And I guess we have it good here because we have great school systems.
    I’m truly sorry about your luck.

TruckChicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    We have outstanding schools. None of them are run by the government.

4. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I know, it's a shame but if the employees are paying for the supplies it's beyond crapped IMO.

5. Gatorgrl

Gatorgrl Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2018
    SWFL
    Down here, it's the parents that pay for all the school supplies, plus I would give the teacher a $bonus$ to help out. Their lists were insane. I used a wheel barrow one year to bring them all in and threatened to have a pallet delivered with it all the next year.

NightWind and 06driver Thank this.
  6. Joe Dan

Joe Dan Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Denton Texas
    What state do you live in ?

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Please don' want to have a political argument. But are you aware that insurance premiums increase every year. Also due to the aca they did not fully increase for the first 3 years? Even worse. Now you have a pre existing condition. So if the aca went away, you might not be covered? Like it or hate it, better hope it sticks around.

8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Ya i agree let's get rid of all public schools. Those that cant afford to send there kids to private school tfb.. Besides since we no longer want immigrants without college degrees. We'e gonna need a new source of cheap labor.

9. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Why would kids have to go to private schools? Studies have shown homeschooling to be the best option of all but too many people would rather chase material goals/possessions instead of raising the best possible human.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Homeschooling is great if you dont want your child to excel in math. Homeschooler's on average score 10pts lower on standardized math tests compared to Public school kids. Which is interesting because the majority of homeschooled children have college educated parent or parents and usually are more affluent. Those same kids coming from more affluent homes tend to be the best students in public schools when they attend. So, it is foolish to say one is better than the other. Parents and families should do what they feel is best for their individual situation.

11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Most parents are only there physically. I know very few that are actually trying to raise decent humans.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.