Tax Caution For Employee Drivers

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by STexan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    LOL,
    Poor broke truck drivers want to get rid of public schools because they can’t afford their taxes.

TruckChicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    No we want to get rid of government schools because they are ineffective, over priced, and if they were run by anyone but the Federal Government they would be subject to criminal prosecution for child abuse, neglect, molestation, and child endangerment.

Please do not start with how your schools are run locally. No they are not and any misguided belief to the contrary exposes the ignorance of school funding the protester would have.

Coover Thanks this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Got it all government bad. Government bad.

5. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I'm perfectly content to write a check. The more I end up paying, the less money of mine they got to hold (interest free) during the tax year.

06driver Thanks this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Nope but to explain it would require a belief on my part of you comprehending proper government function and improper. Just based off your response I can tell where you would fall.

Have fun Sparky. I am sure someone GAF to argue with a fart.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    What do you suggest?
    Private - for profit schools?
    Or
    Forbidding divorce and forcing the woman to home school their kids?

And if every school were a private school then how would they fund them? Would people with grown up or no kids not pay into an education system?
    I think we have a good system right now.

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    The system we have right now has been broken.

Schools use to be locally run, locally controlled, locally funded with teachers working for and in partnership with the parents. The state and feds did nothing more than set minimum standards.

Schools are now run by centralized state entities that dictate policy and control funding. Parents have been cut out of the loop or thier role limited in the actual decisions regarding policy and curriculum.

Blackshack46, DSK333 and 06driver Thank this.
  9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    First of all ACA doesn't protect your pre existing condition, if you are already insured, any more now than it did before the ACA. The only thing the ACA did was force the insurers the provide insurance to preexisting conditions that were previously uninsured.

As for increases. Yeah, everything increases. ACA sent the increases off the charts. I paid less than $12 a week for insurance, with little to no deductibles in 1981. Our insurance was up to $48 a week with a low deductible in 2009. ... Now it's $120 a week with $5000 deductible.

I paid more out of pocket in this last trip to the emergency room, than I have in history of broken bones, emergencies, illness and hospitalizations for myself and my entire family combined over 30 years.

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There is a point you will pay a penalty for having too little withheld and having to pay too much in April. You want to have to pay, but not too much. You need to determine where that sweet spot is of withholding or quarterly payment is concerned

06driver Thanks this.
  11. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    There is a relatively simple solution to our taxes. Just cut discretionary spending, including defense spending by 80%, phase-out Social Security Medicare and Medicaid, and find a way to cut mandatory spending by 80%.

That would bring the annual federal budget down to about 700 billion dollars and then you could fund it by simply charging a flat $2,400 per year headtax for every man woman and child. There might even be enough left over to pay down our massive federal debt within 100 years!

Most people can afford $200 a month, they're already paying more in current taxes. Charity can cover for those who provably can't.

Of course, that would require actual spending cuts. Big ones. But I'm a selfish millennial so I could care less if soldiers and lazy baby boomers lose their taxpayer funded incomes. ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.