TDI out of Sanford, FL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Jul 16, 2018.

1. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tried Contacting this cdl training outfit for some basic info...Guy on the phone was extremely rude & tried to make himself sound like he's the gatekeeper or something...

Asked about what transmission they teach students with, he provided, wen't to ask another question & he tried taking control over the conversation immediately? Said let's setup an appointment to sit down because I need to qualify YOU!? IM PAYING YOU FOR SCHOOL not the other way around...?

I said it's strange that you can't answer 3 additional questions over the phone & he didn't like that - got upset & started calling me BUD & telling me when your ready to come in for me you call me....I said Im going to call a few other places that will provide with information before I make an informed decision...

Is this standard for a cdl school to carry themselves this way?
    Anyone paying for any service or anything has a right to ask questions before committing & to look at alternative options...Is this some nonsense sales tactic? I'll definitely be calling other schools, no way to carry oneself when there's a potential customer on the other end!
    The student qualifies the cdl training program & not the other way around or am I missing something here?
    Anyone experience something similar?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL

I had a very pleasant conversation with a recruiter over at Superior Carriers (thanks again for the tanker list @Chinatown) & he recommended NTI out of Orange Park, FL - they have great google reviews - anyone have any personal experience with their CDL program? Its already a good start that an actual trucking company recognizes & recommends them...

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Superior-Carriers is very picky about the schools they hire from. If Superior-Carriers recommends the school, then it's good.

RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  5. JDraw

JDraw Bobtail Member

May 15, 2018
    Ocala, Florida

I also had rude replies from TDI. I selected a different school due to their actions.

6. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    It's a failed sales tactic to try & intimidate you to think that they're number one...get you in to sign on to their school. This type of bullying sales tactics :evil3: only tell you one thing - STAY AWAY or else :banghead: ... It's the wrong approach & very aggressive & rude! But guess what, you ain't getting my business & you just tarnish your reputation. Theres plenty of other CDL schools - some people are funny...A Student qualifies the training center because their paying for it = not the other way around! Its your time, money, education, do some research & find what's best for you! Asking questions is always a good thing...!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.