Team drivers? How do you going about meeting ppl to team with?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ChancesRGood, Oct 19, 2017.

1. ChancesRGood

ChancesRGood Light Load Member

May 28, 2017
    I have had 2 team mates in the last month and a half... both were women, both were control freaks, and both had 2 years experience...
    I have only been driving for a month and a half and I wanted some input on how to meet ppl ... how do you find a real life person when you are on the road so much... I want a partner that I actually like as a person...
    I dont care about their gender but I prefer similar culture background. I dont know any truck drivers myself.
    I work for schnieder and their picks are lacking... and I now understand why men dont want a female team mate... the last two were all drama and never not complaining. I would like to make friends and know ppl even if I dont team with them ... how to socialize ?? Any Ideas out there or experiences
    :confused:
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's a couple of websites for truckers, but I don't know if they're good or not.
    truckercupid.com
    truckerpassions.com
    There's probably plenty more social sites for truckers; maybe Google and find a few.

4. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    It aint easy. I teamed with a guy from orientation. We were as different as night and day but we got along ok.

5. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    Find someone that is clean and a decent driver and work out any issues that pop up...bout the only way that has worked for me

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. ChancesRGood

ChancesRGood Light Load Member

May 28, 2017
    I have tried www.drivermatch.com/ but nothing
    and i dont care about finding a husband... love is not what I am in search off... finding someone I dont want to run screaming away from or knock out lol is what I want and friends wouldnt hurt either

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Nearly impossible to find a perfect teammate.Even best friends will have issues after living with them in such a small space.
    Most people run solo for this reason,but you have to be able to handle the solitude.
    Trial and error is probably your only option,just talk with drivers at your terminals.

Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Well, maybe you can just chat on those sites, I don't know. Might make some friends.

ChancesRGood Thanks this.
  9. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I'll bet you get a lot more responses after you gain more experience , 1.5 months isn't much and drivers will probably pass for more seasoned drivers.
    Stick with it you seem like a good fit for this industry

Oxbow, Maj. Jackhole and ChancesRGood Thank this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Why are you letting Schneider pick your team mates?Does Schneider have a bulletin board in the lunchroom where drivers post ads?If so try that or go solo you'll meet a lot of people.It takes time to find the right teammate better yet go solo.I did for 9 yrs and loved it.I could never team I don't have the patience.

11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Spin the whisky bottle is how we do it up here.

Are you more interested in the idea of team driving and having another human you get along with to somewhat relieve the boredom? Do you get lonely while on the road? Or is it more of possibly looking for a partner in life which most people outside the industry either don't understand or won't put up with someone who is often on the road?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.