Team driving with wife

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Blues Junkie, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Blues Junkie

Blues Junkie Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Littleton, Colorado
    Gotcha... sorry, I'm a little slow. Yes, we have just 2 little dogs.

Puppage and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one that hires new cdl school grads & teams:
    Check out and Apply on our website http://redbonetrucking.com/
    Redbone Trucking - Denver, CO
    FedEx contractor.
    1 year of verifiable Class A CDL Driving
    OR
    Newly Graduated from Certified Trucking School
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Blues Junkie Thanks this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I see what you did there!

x1Heavy, Chinatown and Blues Junkie Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The unspoken thought I will probably pull this elephant into the small room.

You probably do not want strangers being with your wife in a training situation for weeks or months.

My solution is for you to go to school for that CDL A and get ahold of that in a upgrade from your B.

Remember there are female trainers who can do a pretty good job. My first trainer out of school was a female and really good. Her training has managed to stay with me for 30 years until I had need of it again (Bulk Tanker cement etc) And had my first load into the silo within 45 minutes. I told that manager who hired me to just assign me that pickup point and we will have it unloaded within the hour. If I did not know what I am doing I would not be allowed to run that load for him.

Ultimately that company is three chiefs and the rest of us are Indians. We have no say. That's ok. I moved on to better pastures.

We had a truck pet a time or two, usually a Cat. No trouble. I am actually a Shepard man because in my earlier years visiting that family left us kids outside to play in the rocks and woods etc. That one dog raised me if you would understand such a term. However living situation actually bans that breed by weight. It would be tough for me to find a good dog at 30 pounds or less, in which I can actually read it's language in the ears and so on... Maybe I tease the dispatcher and say I have a wolf.

See them climb over the desks as they flee lol.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    You do want a job right? YOU ONLY HAVE 2 SMALL DOGS!! Now after your hired on and running the road. If someone abandons thier dog, and you pick them up. Till the pound finds a new owner. That's another story.

Chinatown and Blues Junkie Thank this.
  7. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Schneider would be a no go for the OP. Schneider does not allow pets

8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    You might contact Tony, at Magnum. Am sure he can work with you comprehensively. Probably train individual. Plenty of female drivers to train. They all got pit bulls. :) Tony answers only to the top dog. So he pulls weight.
    If somebody sees your dogs. Tell them they’re seeing double with the small ones.

Another might be Barr Nunn. Talk to them.

As mentioned...Schneider don’t allow intelligent life forms in the trucks.

Also teaming with your wife. Might end up buying a truck. Leasing with someone like Landstar. Good money. Look up Selena on youtube. That’s what her and her husband do.

Blues Junkie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.