Team Driving

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Cerberus101, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    I have recently decided to run teams for 2 yrs maybe 3 at the very most. We're basically gonna throw everything into storage, pay off current bills and gonna save like crazy. We know it's gonna be rough at times but we are gonna aim high and keep the big picture in mind. We're Gonna do this so it will be possible to buy a house flat out and have only the basic bills. Then gonna look into running straight local or maybe even going into management. Undecided on that right now. My question is, What are good team companies to run for ?. I've been driving a day or two but don't know much about the team operations out there. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    fed ex has great team runs but they are owner opps and most haul doubles but they keep you running and pay good. If you can find an owner op to hire you it would be a great setup.
    Most your refer companies run teams. Alot of produce is team operation, or at least it was 11 years ago when we had our trucks. Unfortunatly alot of the dediacted team stuff goes to these mega companies which in turn don't tend to pay alot.
    The problem I always had with team driving was that I was basicly exhausted from the second day on. I just don't sleep wel in a moving vehicle. You REALLY have to trust your team member. And I ust tend to not trust anyone that much.....

4. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    Thanks for the info. I have no desire to become an o/o anytime soon. i eventually want to get out of driving a truck. I also did the produce thing for 7 yrs. just got old after awhile. and from what i have seen reefer doesn't seem to pay alot and alot of time is spent at docks hassling with lumpers. I've done that too. i actually have a neighbor who owns his own truck and has two more sitting. In 2 months he's talking about running his own and having his own broker for the loads so he doesn't have to deal with companies in that way. i have talked to him several times on this and all sounds good but you know how it is, i will believe it when i see it.

5. Sentinel

Sentinel Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2006
    The Blacklands Of Texas
    Con-way truckload pays well. It is also a true 100% drop and hook. They have the LTL and PU&D that handles short runs and locals deliveries. Checked them out and only potential issue is they are very time sensitive loads and delivery times are very tight. www . con-way . com . Put your app in now and push them as they are slow to get approvals.

CFI treats their teams like gold as long as they are running and fly underneath the radar. By that I mean as long as you are not complaining and only praising they treat them well.

6. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    thanks Sentinal. from what i understand conway drivers work the docks too. i'll definitly look into CFI. i don't know much about them but there is alot of info here i need to go read. thanks again for the suggestions.

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Bones I will do some digging. A good while back I remember someone wanting teams, prefered husband/wife to run FL to CA. I just got to remember who it was. Small O/O I think 3 trucks.

8. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

thanks monkey boy, her and i are looking to run 3 yrs max and making the green and buying a house cash out and all we got to pay isutilities. now if i can just talk her into coming back on here it will be all good........

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    When I was a admin at another site I had a lot of drivers PM me wanting help finding jobs. I had a lot of truck owners PM me asking for drivers. I need to remember who this guy was. I know it was Fl to Ca and flip; teams dedicated run, Same run every time.

10. Cerberus101

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

thanks dude.all help is appreciated............you still got my number........

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Your welcome, I cleaned out my PM's had to many. Shoot it to me again in a PM and I will save it this time. Maybe I will think of who PMed me about wanting teams tonight when I let my mind wander!:biggrin_25523: I do my best recalling when I sleep!:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.