Team log book location requirement

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by H2oburymatt, Dec 2, 2020.

1. H2oburymatt

H2oburymatt Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Hi all,
    Been a member here for a while. I'm an owner op with 3 rigs based in CT. I'm training a new fellow this week. He's never hauled flatbed but has a few years experience hauling reefer vans etc. My question is what location is required when running the truck as a team? Meaning if I start at the shop in the morning and drive to our drop I use thomaston CT for my starting location. If I give him the wheel after my 11/14 does he use Thomaston CT as his starting location or does he use whatever location he took over in? How do locations work regarding team logs?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You put the location he starts Driving. When you start driving you have put you have co driver on logs. If you got stopped they will know their are two drives on the truck. It doesn't matter who drives first. You drive your time and switch,co driver fill out his logs and put what town and state he starts Driving. He has to show you as co driver on his logs. If he get stopped they will see it's a team truck and that how the truck and load is moving 1,000 miles a day.

Out west I hear they could time trucks between weight station MT OR WA UT if they see a truck moving non stop. They would ask driver to bring in log book. Once they see you team they said ok, have a good day.

H2oburymatt Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You put the location of the change in duty status. Any time status is changed, it's the nearest town from where you are currently at.

5. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    You put location where you start driving he put location where he got in truck as sleeper. Then his location driving should be the same location you went in to sleeper.

H2oburymatt Thanks this.
  6. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Many ELOGS locate duty status change as geo coordinates or tower coordinates.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Which would make it an illegal ELD as even the ELD law specifically states closest town. Now what could be, is it puts the geo coords and the town, but the town requirement is written into the regs.

H2oburymatt Thanks this.
  8. Snailexpress

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Yes nearest town name is in record but with coordinates where in town. It's would be great if we can put just NYC or LA. Ha-ha we did it on paper.

H2oburymatt and ZVar Thank this.
  9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Wherever duty status changes.

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    The co-driver starts where the driver starts, same city. Driver logs "driving" co driver logs "sleeper".

H2oburymatt Thanks this.
  11. H2oburymatt

H2oburymatt Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Got ya thanks everyone for the help

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.