Team pay?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Okcnoob, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Okcnoob

Okcnoob Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Just finished cdl a school. I expect to pass in the next 30 days. What is the pay range or average for a new driver, no experience. I would be willing to work 6-7 days a week. Up to 4 weeks at a time. Based out of okc or tulsa or dfw. No hazmat or twic.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I made 80k last year (my first year) team driving. This year I expect it will be more due to having more stamina, better time management skills, pay increase, etc.

You can drive almost twice the miles as a solo driver, and you are paid for all miles driven, thats why it's more money.

The downsides are you have to share a truck with another guy, compromise with him about how you run your day, when and where to stop, and a lot of other things. Also you will have to learn to sleep in a moving truck. That takes practice. It took me about 3 months and before that time I got very tired. Some highways are in such bad condition they will challenge even experienced team drivers. Sometimes you will have to interrupt your sleep if you want to get a shower esp. If you are the overnight driver due to parking issues.

Team driving is less healthy than solo driving. Truck will be more messy, you'll be sharing germs with the other guy, and the truck is always moving... Less time to bath, exercise, eat decent food, etc.

But the money is definitely there if you get on with a decent company. Do not team drive for CR England. They will rip you off. If your willing to team drive you should be getting paid well for doing it.

Selva Thanks this.
  4. Okcnoob

Okcnoob Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Ya. Thx for the input. I was hoping it would be more. Seems like not enough compensation for the level of compromise.

5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Most People would agree with you.

Okcnoob Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.