Team starting out with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by NoCoCraig, Dec 27, 2010.

1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    think we need to get out of the house and get back on them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I will let you know if we get sent back to Laredo or stuck in the same Chicago - Detroit - Louisville loop again.

4. binpimpin8

binpimpin8 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Hey NoCoCraig have had a fun few days ready your blog and this one, I have just one question for you. A lot of ppl recommend against leasing, from what I understand that is what you and your wife our doing. How is it working out for you, why is it that you think so many ppl advise against it. Do you think youre successful cause you are running team? And Please post some pics of the custom pete lol Im curious to see how it all looks from description it sounds great. ALSO THANK YOU! You have provided here a detailed account of your process from start to present, and has been very educational for me. Good luck and stay safe out there lots of bad weather going around hope you arent getting shut down too much.

5. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    We are in a very unique situation. We do not lease from the company. We have friends who bought a truck and we are leasing it from them and are leased on with a sister company of USX with a totally different pay system. The reason leasing is a bad idea for most drivers is that, in a company lease, you really cannot make any more money as a lease operator and you assume all the risk. Lots (I mean lots) of lease trucks are turned back in after a few months and the drivers either quit or go back to company drivers. You will have weeks that you are negative and cannot even cover the truck payment. IF you are new to trucking, PLEASE do not lease until you have been out for a year and can make an informed decision. Also, your chance of success will go way up if you go out and find your own truck. Instead of $700 a week for a truck payment, you can get it to about $1,100 a month for a good truck.
    Running team does make it a little better but you need experience to make a good decision.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  6. teamd&g

teamd&g Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Just joined TTR, its nice to read about other team drivers out there! We drive for a family owned co. with a fleet of 22 trucks. we are new to this (04/2011) getting the experience and then want to buy a truck..and let the sky, or the road, be the limit!

7. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Almost two years in, sounds like you are doing fine. How do you like working for a small company? Advantages? Disadvantages?

8. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hanging out in Grand Island. Dropped our load here, that was a first for us. Usually we are just passing through. Bad part is figuring out how to get us out of Grand Island? Getting a trailer hinge fixed and then it'll be time to figure something fun to do. Need to buy a little heater for the truck. Idling is an expensive way to stay warm.

9. skip1955

skip1955 Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Harlingen, TX
    I'm looking into a DC to AC converter, that has a low Batt warning

10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    all our trucks have that so even if your invertor doesn't the trucks alarm will go off

11. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Had a great weekend with the family and grandkids in Chattanooga! Now sitting at Baymont Inn relaxing and watching TV. Heading to Laredo tomorrow after we do a few things with the truck. Glad we avoided the bad weather.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted