Tell me about the CXN613

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by Sand Trooper, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Sand Trooper

Sand Trooper Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I have started thinking about what another user posted ,"get what you need and not what you want."

So I need a tough mean truck that will hold up to lease roads in the oil field. I was trying to justify and make a Volvo VNL64T 630 work ,but every one I talked to said something to the effect of ,"That'd be a mistake"

so I started looking around to see what I saw hauling sand and saw how those trucks looked and a lot of them don't look like they hold up very well.

Frieghtliners are just terrible looking trucks to begin with.

Peterbuilt 379's seem to be the best looking sand haulers I see but, with a 265 inch wheel base I would think that they would be kind of unwieldy on some of the lease roads that are haunting my imagination.

I need to get a used truck to keep my overhead down as I'm just starting out and if I lose my shirt in this I'm pretty sure i'd rather lose one I bought at Walmart instead of the one I got at Nieman Marcus.

Just want to see what you guys think.

This is what I'm looking for $20-$25k ,2005-2007, 450-500 hp.,230"-240" wheel base. 24.5" wheels , about a 55-60" mid cab with less than 700k miles.

I've seen a few on truckpaper.com that fall into this criteria

I really know nothing about Macks Enlighten me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.