tell the truth!!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sdiva101, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    OK OK now you have all scared me about stevens.My hubby has been with them a year and is considering becoming a trainer.He is very unhappy right now.No miles crappy pay, home every 6 weeks.This is all new to both of us.This is his first year as a trucker.He made a major career change a year ago and here we are now trying to learn the business.We live in Florida.Does it get better with Stevens???Or should he be looking # another company.:biggrin_2552:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pochop7

pochop7 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Zephyrhills,Florida
    I considered Stevens when I was in school. They told me atleast 6 weeks out since I lived in Florida. I told them no way........All companies have good and bad, some companies are good to get some experience and then move on to somthing that pays better. In my opinion stevens is a "training company". I think he would be happier with another company that he could get paid a little more and get home more often, but it all depends on the individual. You can always go local depending on how much of a pay cut you choose to take. although I was on with a ok local company last year i grossed 52k.....this year Im headed back OTR

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    If he's unhappy with the company now, becoming a trainer isn't going to make it any better.....

5. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    i realize ther is no perfect company.that is true in any job.the only reason he's unhappy is the crappy miles and as you know crappy miles means crappy pay.hopefully as a trainer he will get better miles and deffo better pay.I think we could both live with 6 weeks apart as long as he is making money.He had a $16.00 check this week.pretty crappy huh?? good thing I work!!!

6. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    Thanks for the advise.We also see stevens as a stepping stone.maby there ony 1 more year.until his lease is up on the truck.

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Tell him to try Crete. Nowadays all have quirks.

Kinghunter

8. pochop7

pochop7 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Zephyrhills,Florida
    uh oh you said lease.....they got him locked in then..he either has to take a load or suffer the rest of the week with crappy runs. Honestly if I were him and locked into a lease in order to make the best of it and actually try to make half what a company driver does I'd definetly start training. He needs to keep that truck rollin to pay that lease payment. Atleast train until the lease is up and then re-evaluate his and your situation

9. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    yeah he's in a lease agreement.but they tell him he can give it back anytime.they make him keep $500 in his time off account in case he does want to get out of the lease.but to tell you the truth after hearing all the horror stories about stevens...i don't know how true that is.It's only a 2 year lease.he is deffo making twice the money he was when he was a company driver,but the miles have been crappy the past month.which they say is normal this time of year.Who know's.We're still trying to learn this business LOL:biggrin_2556:

10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I'd like to know how he got talked into that one.

Kinghunter

11. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Wow, so $16 is twice the money he was making as a company driver?:biggrin_2554:

Sorry, I know I shouldn't make jokes at your pain, but hey, sometimes laughing makes things better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.