Tennessee red light cameras.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DenBob, Jan 11, 2019.

1. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Anyone got one of these in the last couple years ?
    Pretty sure one got me in Shelby County a few days ago and I am wondering how
    long it will take before I get that call....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    If you were on 78 rolling into Memphis, I know for a fact I got my picture taken twice in one night. Been 3 years and I never heard a word.

SteerTire and DenBob Thank this.
  4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I've gotten caught a time or two in TX. I know for certain I got caught in Marshall, TX on 59. I worried for a week about that. Its been probably 7 or 8 years ago & I've not heard anything. Just my experience though. Doesnt mean you wont hear something in your case.

DenBob Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    You sure it was working? Denver disabled all their red light cameras, but kept them on the pole.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  6. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Quite a few places had an issue with how they worded the law for the red light cameras. Columbus, OH, specifically stated that an officer had to be there to issue the ticket. When they started sending people tickets in the mail and they were being fought in court, they ruled it was not acceptable to mail someone the ticket based off of the red light camera. They left them up but now you do not get charged based off of them.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  7. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    This is what I wanted to hear. It was on 51 north of Memphis...I take that route in every week so I can avoid the clusterhump that is Nashville. .
    They might have got me a couple weeks ago too on 51. Lights are timed somewhat oddly in places, and there's quite a few of them to endure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    Reason for edit: skirting the profanity filter
  8. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018

Right...my hometown (Rochester NY) used to have them, I used to get them on a regular basis for being an inch into the crosswalk on red on a certain intersection, I always threw them out unopened. No repercussions followed whatsoever. Eventually they did away with them.
    But what I was thinking was gonna happen here was they mail it to my company with my front plate and trailer number right there in view. They probably won't do what I'd do... just laugh and throw it out.

9. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    It strobe lit me up twice. Might even have taken a head xray.

Grumppy and 201 Thank this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    What, you into running red lights?:biggrin_25523:

DenBob Thanks this.
  11. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    I’ve had various cameras flash a few times over the years here in East TN, have yet to hear anything about them. The lights are all set to change so quick the trailer trips them off every time if the light flips to yellow as you enter the intersection. Not sure if they don’t get clear pictures of trucks or if they just don’t bother..

I do know that depending on the state, if you receive one sent to you directly (such as in your POV) the companies can’t take legal action but they can turn them over to a collections agency, thus screwing with your credit.

DenBob Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.